Anovos helmet kit question

So I am looking to do my 1st build. The issue is that I want to start slow and ease into it to build confidence. I thought about starting with a helmet build 1st. What do you guys think about the anovos helmet kits? Will it match up correctly to the AM 2.0 armor I will order later? <br>

Also would I be waiting forever for it to arrive?

No one will know for sure how well plastic colors match up until these folks get the plastic in their hands. Also yeah, I heard that people are waiting a while for theirs. I don't think you can even order any OT TK stuff from Anovos now until some of the pre-orders have started shipping.

There are other vendors with helmet kits ready to go besides Anovos. There are some good tutorials on how to put ATA helmets together.

There is a button for editing your posts. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Now Mathias, please be polite to our dinner guests or no dessert for you. :smiley-sw013:

Edited by cjdesign

On 1/14/2016 at 12:35 AM, Pledford said:

So I am looking to do my 1st build. The issue is that I want to start slow and ease into it to build confidence. I thought about starting with a helmet build 1st. What do you guys think about the anovos helmet kits? Will it match up correctly to the AM 2.0 armor I will order later? <br>

Also would I be waiting forever for it to arrive?

Why a mismatched set Anovos/AM2.0? I would stick with the same sculptor if possible, and just buy the helmet kit first.

The tone and gloss will vary from armor to armor and will never match.

Am 2.0 (cooler) vs TM (warmer)

DFG7OeT.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. Like I said, I found a guy that's makes great armor kits, the problem is that it's going to take a long time for him to have a helmet kit for me to start with and we'll as it's already been pointed out on here, I'm impatient and would really like to get started on a helmet build. Guess I need to just chill and wait.

According to Anovos the Tier 1 kits start shipping next week (EEEEEEK SO EXCITED!!!) and they are going to be on a first come first serve basis, so just to get a helmet you will have to wait for everyone who has purchased a kit to get theirs first AKA quite a while.

Troopergear (AM 2.0) makes a kit run every couple months, so there really shouldn't be more than 2 months of waiting involved in getting a helmet or a full armor kit from him.  That's way less time than folks have been waiting for their Anovos armor!  Also, there are already tons of AM 2 build threads up, so you can see what it looks like.  Nobody is really sure what the Anovos kits look like yet. (:

And yeah, a two month wait is FAST in the world of Stormtrooper building.