Boot question ---What would you do?

I contacted CA boots today because they are out of my size 8 and 8.5

They do have 9 in stock though ---

They will not have the others in stock for 2 - 3 months

If I order the 9's and they don't fit i can't return them.

My Tk should be done next month (need to get three items canvass belt that is on order, skullworx and boots)

Do I buy the 9's (I heard they run small anyway) or wait and hope they come in stock and fit properly?

Pls respond

Edited by prode1

Boot question ---What would you do?

I contacted CA boots today because they are out of my size 8 and 8.5

They do have 9 in stock though ---

They will not have the others in stock for 2 - 3 months

If I order the 9's and they don't fit i can't return them.

My Tk should be done next month (need to get three items canvass belt that is on order, skullworx and boots)

Do I buy the 9's (I heard they run small anyway) or wait and hope they come in stock and fit properly?

Pls respond

Hi Peter

Sorry to hear about your dilemma.I don't think going one size up will matter too much.

As an alternative, you could go the authentic route and buy a nice pair of Jodhpur / Chelsea boots

and dye them.

I've attatched a link, but I saw a pair on the big auction site the other day for £14 brand new

and boxed.

I think you'll be supprised at just how well they look when finished, plus you're getting a more

screen accurate look at less than half the price :)

If you're not sure of how to prepare or dye your boots then TK300 as a great tutorial on his

site that takes you through it step by step. :D

<a href="http://www.tonybarnett.plus.com/boots.html" target="_blank">http://www.tonybarnett.plus.com/boots.html</a>

<a href="http://www.barnstormers.co.uk/acatalog/SHI...HPUR_BOOTS.html" target="_blank">http://www.barnstormers.co.uk/acatalog/SHI...HPUR_BOOTS.html</a>

Hope this helps

I have not found that the CAboots run small. I have wide feet and they fit me fine. Since it will be month before you are done I would just wait. Who knows you may run into some issues and get delayed in finishing your armor.

I think the caboots run a bit on the large side if anything.

Me to, i bought a size 12 US I'm 11 UK but when i walk there's this rattling sound, but then again it could just be all the loose change in my pockets :D

I think the caboots run a bit on the large side if anything.

me too. I have a 9.5 and they are nice and roomy...almost feel like a generous 10. I have slightly wide feet as well.

now if I could only do something about that glue smell...

Also remember that you're going to want extra room for insoles. I know I've seen some people recommend dual pairs of insoles for your boots regardless so that will help eat up extra wiggle room.

I just ordered my size 9 Caboots on May 20th. Any idea how long it will take for me to receive them in California assuming the size is in stock?

Thanks for all who replied -- someone in my garrison said there was 8.5 boots available and ordered them on SAT afternoon from CAboots -- They came UPS Thurs Afternoon -- assuming they shipped Monday it took about 4 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had delays in shipping from CABoots? I ordered a pair of boots on the second of this month and I have yet to hear anything from them about it. The order is listed as pending. I know it's only been 4 days. I'm just really impatient because they are the last big thing I need before I can submit my application for the Legion.

I was just curious about others experiences and if this seems normal.

Edit: Disregard this. Received mine today from CABoots. The communication left a little to be desired, but the time frame was good.

dont forget about the Vietnamese orphans. I hear thats a quality boot AND its for a good cause. My next pair will come from there.