Designation: TK-26212

Forum Name: Dlotz

Southern California Garrison

San Joaquin Squad

Armor and Helmet Maker: CAP-W by Scootch

Blaster Type: Resin

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 210 lbs.

IMG_7948_zpsdkm1y2j8.jpgIMG_7957_zpsggdn5lgc.jpgIMG_7955_zpssy0vrrsk.jpgIMG_7953_zpsiygm0su3.jpgIMG_7946_zpsu0ixdqbl.jpgIMG_7961_zpswbaocyh5.jpgIMG_7941_zpsrkarhu0t.jpgIMG_7936_zpslnjhxedp.jpgIMG_7932_zps16dffebt.jpgIMG_7931_zpsjkjoghu6.jpgIMG_7930_zpseyyra5ur.jpgIMG_7922_zpsjxcaqwv3.jpgIMG_7921_zpsfwoisslc.jpgIMG_7920_zpsstfr1hrp.jpgIMG_7919_zpsg9d6hxx1.jpgIMG_7915_zpsyp00xgwh.jpgIMG_7913_zpsxiuxurkc.jpgIMG_7911_zpsobsohfxd.jpgIMG_7910_zpssvhff8mf.jpgIMG_7909_zpsukwblgec.jpgIMG_7907_zpsnsqhkfhg.jpgIMG_7906_zps6xwi0snb.jpgIMG_7905_zpslbowsbv1.jpgIMG_7903_zps5vzy05g1.jpgIMG_7904_zps3slqi9ih.jpgIMG_7901_zpsb8esqlbn.jpgIMG_7898_zpsweatmo0h.jpgIMG_7896_zps7trc9z0c.jpgIMG_7895_zpsrthpdkb6.jpgIMG_7894_zpsfp82xytv.jpgIMG_7891_zpshtotevgq.jpgIMG_7889_zpssd4angve.jpgIMG_7888_zpsosf9etf5.jpgIMG_7887_zpsfjrmeo5k.jpgIMG_7886_zpsnyj16kny.jpgIMG_7961_zpswbaocyh5.jpg

Edited by Dlotz

looks good DLotz!!  good luck my brother... let's see what the fashion police have to say... :jc_doublethumbup:

PS. The coin got to you...

Edited by cjdesign
  • Like 1

Thanks! I got that back piece fixed that you noticed before. Hope you guys enjoy the movie tonight!!!!

We do more than look for droids, but that's all anyone remembers...

Thanks! I got that back piece fixed that you noticed before. Hope you guys enjoy the movie tonight!!!!

:jc_doublethumbup: saw that!!

My son has school tomorrow am, so no midnight for this old guy. we will see it tomorrow in imax 3d. did you really buy a seat for your armor?

Edited by cjdesign

Yeah... Tall people problems. I found a spot where it looks great in all photos and film. Sometimes when I raise my arms too high, the chest lifts a tiny bit off the ab though. But I'll never do anything with my arms raised (other than qual photos like these) because I WILL NEVER SURRENDER!!! Ha ha ha

If the ab goes any higher, you'll all be getting a free peek at the family jewels...

• Like 1

Apologies for delay Derek, I am on family vacation, and have very crappy Internet and cell phone service where we are staying. Tony and I have had a look at your app and will complete it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Derek, thank you for your patience during this time of the holiday season and thank you for your EIB submission.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All photos are present and your armor represents all necessary elements to qualify for EIB. With that we'd like welcome you Expert Infantryman!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

Sly and myself would like to commend you on your build, nice work trooper  :jc_doublethumbup:. There are a couple areas we'd like to see you correct (EIB suggestions only). These corrections would compliment the overall look of your armor.

You did a fine job on your helmet, including the weathering however, the rest of your armor isn't weathered. To solve this issue we suggest you paint the weathered areas of the helmet. 

Your shoulder bells appear to be a bit thin, as if you may have trimmed the return edge too far. Unfortunately it takes away from the uniformity of the armor. At this point we're not asking you to do anything however, at the Centurion level we may ask you to replace them. They should look more like what's seen in this reference picture.

gallery_12157_38_16241.jpg

Cover strip widths on the legs are 20mm at the front, 20mm at the rear thighs and 25mm on the calf closure. Though this could be a picture angle issue your thigh cover strips look a bit thin on the front of your thighs. If you would be so kind as to post the cover strip measurements that would be great. 

Ab to kidney alignment appears to be off 1" or so on the right side. Please make necessary adjustments to bring the two level with each other.

It should look close to this.

b6d8470b-b586-4361-ad5e-b2208c6095f4.jpg

The ammo belt 45 degree corners are very large. The inner taper should be in line or close the cloth belt width itself. Though at this time we will not be asking you to make any changes, if you choose to apply for Centurion we may ask you to correct the issue as well. It should look similar to this reference photo.

10ed372f-6c64-432f-8676-5d221c01d04e.jpg

During your arms raised pictures your chest plate is seen rising above your ab plate, is needs to remain below. Please shorten the chest to ab straps and submit new pictures, thank you. Also in the same pictures we noticed your back plate to kidney plate gap grows. If submitting for Centurion please be sure to secure that area as there is little to no gap allowed. Thanks again 

Though not a huge deal, trimming the lower posterior return edge would give that area a cleaner look, which we like to see.

Finally, though not effecting your EIB approval we would like to see you replace the phillips head screws used to secure the Thermal Detonator clips to the body with pan head (slotted) screws, and paint them black.   

That's it! Again, welcome to EIB.