AP ESB Build WIP

All looking good from what I can see. It does take a while doing inner and outer cover strips. Took me a good week to do arms and legs.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks good so far. Especially the sanding of the edges. I second the comments on the under suit for fittings, it changes things more than you think. Also I recommend gloves for forearm fitting as they get tucked in the wrist end or as I do it the armor goes over them and the wrist gap disappears. The biceps will likely be lower to the elbow given your arm length so make sure they are comfortable there. I should note that the location kind of depends on where the shoulder bells sit.<br>

Sorry for the lack of comments as life gets in the way some times, pm if I can help and you don't see me around.

Edited by Trogdor
  • Like 2

Thanks Joe and no problem I totally understand

Right now I'm working on joining the forearms with cover strips theres gaps between the strips and the armour that are concerning me I am have to pull the strip off and clamp it down more firmly and glue again.

Looks good so far. Especially the sanding of the edges. I second the comments on the under suit for fittings, it changes things more than you think. Also I recommend gloves for forearm fitting as they get tucked in the wrist end or as I do it the armor goes over them and the wrist gap disappears. The biceps will likely be lower to the elbow given your arm length so make sure they are comfortable there. I should note that the location kind of depends on where the shoulder bells sit.<br>
Sorry for the lack of comments as life gets in the way some times, pm if I can help and you don't see me around.

• Like 2

After reviewing how your doing your glue up I think your having an issue fighting the opposing sides joining/cover strip. I used painters tape and clamps to slightly deform the piece to line up the glue surfaces. I let it dry an extra day as the FL weather and trapped e6000 didn't seem to fully cure in 24 hours.

• Like 1

Yeah exactly looks ok now but I'm finding the same oval shape issue as Pyrates had I'm going to have to hot water bath the arms. Kind of pinches at the back not much but I have like an inch of space at the front on th top AND bottom.

• Like 1

Yes, but install inner cover strips to give reinforcement - they may split but they should hold long enough to form them. If they do split reinstalling the cover strips is easy peasy- make sure that your e-6000 has cured for at least 48 hours prior to their dip in the hot tub

• Like 2

Bit more progress, I think I need more clamps and magnets!

IMG_4981_zps9jjblhqi.jpgIMG_4980_zpspsexrcha.jpgIMG_4979_zps79zd42nd.jpg

Totally understand the oval shape lol

IMG_4977_zps78rseeru.jpgIMG_4976_zpsominjpkh.jpgIMG_4975_zpsmrnzdz36.jpg

And the tour de force... Mind you I didn't have to tape, I have been an amateur artist since I was a kid so the painting is one of my favourite parts.

Bucket Details yo.

IMG_4982_zpsqkwgcit2.jpg

• Like 2

For the record I've lost count how many times I've reinstalled my cover strips lol

X 2 on that one. That is the beauty of e6000

Bucket is looking awesome. I see two attached ears!!

Edited by Jinsei
  • Like 3

LOL yep I got them on there safe and sound, as well as the brow and S-trim!

X 2 on that one. That is the beauty of e6000

Bucket is looking awesome. I see two attached ears!!

• Like 2

Slowly but surely. I got the bells trimmed and sanded. 

Using a pencil to outline the mold lines, I cut below and finished by sanding with 80 grit first, then 120, then 240.

IMG_4985_zpsxiesol8e.jpg

IMG_4987_zpswf7rtsbd.jpg

IMG_4988_zps7iykeifu.jpg

IMG_4996_zpsxx0oxwj2.jpg

Also there has been progress on the clamping I found doing the inner coverstrips first allowed for a more even surface for the outer strips, which need to be more clean, accurately placed and polished.

to get more directed pressure I also used a floated strip between, the clamps/magnets.

IMG_4993_zpsesxomzjf.jpg

IMG_4995_zpsiezgeslo.jpg

IMG_4992_zpstwuxtuw5.jpg

IMG_4991_zpszjidldxi.jpg

IMG_4989_zpsbxmljn8x.jpg

I also stuck my other forearm piece in the couch to gradually deform the parts I wanted rounded out... LOL I don't know if it will work but while the rest is sitting curing might as well.

IMG_4990_zpssu82ah3b.jpg

And finally I started slowly painting the vocoder. Pencil first then paint.

IMG_4997_zpsjwvnbvt1.jpg

More ominous

IMG_4999_zps7iexakke.jpg

• Like 4

Sigh, my impulsivity got the better of me... After very unclear direction of the necessity of a Centurion approved blaster I bought the Questdesigns ESB E-11...

The CRL says it is optional, and I wanted to build my own DLT because I like that BFG waayyyyyy better. But If I'm going to do this I may as well go balls to the wall.

:'( Go on take my credits!  :6:

Edited by ComradeDave

Sigh, my impulsivity got the better of me... After very unclear direction of the necessity of a Centurion approved blaster I bought the Questdesigns ESB E-11...

The CRL says it is optional, and I wanted to build my own DLT because I like that BFG waayyyyyy better. But If I'm going to do this I may as well go balls to the wall.

:'( Go on take my credits! :6:

I want a 19 too brother but it will have to wait.

• Like 1

Helmet's looking great mate! I'm following this thread too so I am keeping tabs on it. I'm thinking of getting another bucket to do an ESB one after my build - its my favourite movie of them all so I could make my suit interchangeable with some new hand guards, belt, holster etc...

• Like 2

Helmet's looking great mate! I'm following this thread too so I am keeping tabs on it. I'm thinking of getting another bucket to do an ESB one after my build - its my favourite movie of them all so I could make my suit interchangeable with some new hand guards, belt, holster etc...

Truth brother! I thought I ruined my bucket and got another now I can do both the goal is a HWT with the ANH parts, if you can go for it Kris!

• Like 1