AP ESB Build WIP

Oh I forgot to mention last night I also installed my new mic tips on the ESB bucket I will show my progress when I get home from work, and have downed at least 1 beer lol

• Like 2

k guys I'm working on the for arms while I wait for the epoxy to dry on my lenses. CRL says no return edge on the fron of the forearm. am I trimming these right and can someone tell me which side is which?

IMG_4922_zpsqtucflup.jpgIMG_4921_zpsmi5dwmzc.jpgIMG_4920_zpsonjinosf.jpg

• Like 2

Hey mate I think Aaron has already asked Mark directly which is left and right, and was told they are the same. I wondered the same for mine too. If you look at them from end on, I'd think they would be mirrored if there was a left and right, but mine at least look to be exactly the same front on profile.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey mate I think Aaron has already asked Mark directly which is left and right, and was told they are the same. I wondered the same for mine too. If you look at them from end on, I'd think they would be mirrored if there was a left and right, but mine at least look to be exactly the same front on profile.

...its 3pm Friday here in A us. Are you guys nocturnal? Lol

I've been living in the FISD since last October Only 9:14pm here so Davey Boy is going to be first to start burning the midnight oil it's 11:14pm there

• Like 2

....back to the forearms, mine will pretty much be interchangeable. Might be a future AP upgrade perhaps.

I went to bed shortly after this lol... 

ANYWAY, seriously guys from all of the trimmed forearms I have seen in the build threads and Cen applications, there is no return edge on either end of the forearm. Am I correct?

also any other good tutorials for trimming the excess? I haven't trimmed the sides yet. I Saw Aaron's idea of using a ruler and clamps at the mold lines that seems like a good idea.

• Like 1

I went to bed shortly after this lol...

ANYWAY, seriously guys from all of the trimmed forearms I have seen in the build threads and Cen applications, there is no return edge on either end of the forearm. Am I correct?

also any other good tutorials for trimming the excess? I haven't trimmed the sides yet. I Saw Aaron's idea of using a ruler and clamps at the mold lines that seems like a good idea.

CRL states no return edges - yes you are correct

Score and snap out return edges then use micro-files to remove anything left over. Do not use a dremel unless you are confident you won't slip.

• Like 1

All looks like it's going well.. No parts warped, and bucket looks awesome! As for interchangeable forearms... Careful on that lol Left has 11 indents, while right has 10... When fully assembled. Doubt anyone not involved in the white armour will notice though lol

• Like 1

All looks like it's going well.. No parts warped, and bucket looks awesome! As for interchangeable forearms... Careful on that lol Left has 11 indents, while right has 10... When fully assembled. Doubt anyone not involved in the white armour will notice though lol

This is that question from a month ago that we discussed where I got you to count the indentations and I emailed Mark thinking I got two left forearms.

Both of the AP forearms are identical with 11 indentations on each

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

That being said though - Dan is correct on accuracy - I counted the ones from the Stormtrooper in the elevator. The same pic that also shows the hand guards detail that they are flexible- man I wish would could upload photos straight from our phone.

I might shoot Tim a PM to find out more about this mobile uploading as it would help for instances like this.

• Like 2

When you get done post the pics, and if I can see any areas of question I will PM you the photo back with pointers to show the areas that still need more work.

• Like 1

well I'm not entirely sure just judging on the curvature of each side. Anatomically, like the are more pronounced curves on the outsides of your forearms when you put your hands palmside up

• Like 1

well I'm not entirely sure just judging on the curvature of each side. Anatomically, like the are more pronounced curves on the outsides of your forearms when you put your hands palmside up

Best bet is to check with Mark...

• Like 1