Questions about the MR CE helmet

Hi all, I'm thinking of ordering the UK MR stormtrooper helmet (I believe this one is the so called MR CE as so many refer to).

My questions:

Q 1: Isn't the earpieces too thick?, reaching far out from the helmet?.... if so, it wouldn't be hard to remove them and sandpaper them down a bit, right?... or do they look ok as they are? (well, of course screws needs to be added).

Q 2: I don't like the rim being so low as it is when you get it, is the rim easily movable?, or do I have to order a new rim?

Q 3: Why do people break this helmet apart?. Only guess I could make is to maybe do as I maybe will, sandpaper down the ears, then putting them back and whoalla (or once again, am I mistaken they really aren't that thick?).

Q 4: Will filing/reshaping the teeth be enough for the mouth?, in my opinion the whole mouth is not wide enough, correct or am I mistaken?

Q 5: The biggest obsticle of ordering it or not right now is.... some people say and I've seen a picture, that the color of the UK MR helmet doesn't match the FX armor color, correct?, or is it only when taking pictures with flash the difference is revealed?. I mean, I don't want there to be a big different when trooping... it would just look silly.

Hoping for quick replies.

Thanks...

Edit, I'm also interested in another option (this one I prefer over buying the UK MR), buying a completed helmet, like AP or whatever. I don't know much about these different helmets and I don't care about screen accuracy, only that they look cool. So that bump under the eye and stuff is of no interest to me. Anyone know where I can get the AP?, as it seems to be the one people like the most. I'm afraid of ordering on ebay as it's easy to get scammed, so I'm hoping the people here are friendly and honest :).

Study all the different MR UK CE threads around here...you will find the answers you seek. You will also find that it will take a lot of work. If you are confident in your construction skills, then have at it.

Different runs of plastic from different armor makers may or may not match. The colors may vary from batch to batch, or manufacturer to manufacturer. Hard to say if any helmet will match your armor or not unless it comes with your armor kit.

Buying a completed helmet can be pricey...theres a good one available on these boards right now. Do you have access to the Imperial Commissary section?

Study all the different MR UK CE threads around here...you will find the answers you seek. You will also find that it will take a lot of work. If you are confident in your construction skills, then have at it.

Different runs of plastic from different armor makers may or may not match. The colors may vary from batch to batch, or manufacturer to manufacturer. Hard to say if any helmet will match your armor or not unless it comes with your armor kit.

Buying a completed helmet can be pricey...theres a good one available on these boards right now. Do you have access to the Imperial Commissary section?

Not seen or heard of that section, but got my eyes on an AP on ebay right now, like a few other peeps here aswell I guess ;).

I'm in the process of finishing my mods for the MR CE (see my thread----------. Isn't that difficult, just time consuming. The ear mod (making them smaller) is not too difficult other than taking them off. You just have to take your time and be patient. Once I did it, I like the results. Not perfect, but by far much better. I drilled out the fourth hole in the frown last night and filed it a bit. I need a finer file to complete that part of the mod. The next step is priming and respraying. I'm waiting on my FX armour to come in (this week some time) and trying to colour match them. If not, I'll just respray my FX armour.

Its well worth the investment because its MUCH better than the FX helmet and a less expensive alternative to the TE2, AP or RT-Mod buckets.

My two cents anyway.

DD.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Double Dee said:
I'm in the process of finishing my mods for the MR CE (see my thread--------- Isn't that difficult, just time consuming. The ear mod (making them smaller) is not too difficult other than taking them off. You just have to take your time and be patient. Once I did it, I like the results. Not perfect, but by far much better. I drilled out the fourth hole in the frown last night and filed it a bit. I need a finer file to complete that part of the mod. The next step is priming and respraying. I'm waiting on my FX armour to come in (this week some time) and trying to colour match them. If not, I'll just respray my FX armour.

Its well worth the investment because its MUCH better than the FX helmet and a less expensive alternative to the TE2, AP or RT-Mod buckets.

My two cents anyway.

DD.

Well, I have already ordered the AP from ebay and it's on it's way, 10 days delivery... 480 bucks.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Holy crap - $480? Did you buy direct? Was this a completed helmet? Man, that's an awful pretty penny - hope it's from the real AP and not a recast.

SuperTrooper said:
Actually I believe the auction he won was a Gino v1.

Unfortunatly I think it was'nt the ver:1 but this one that was purchased

---------------

back OT there is lot's of info all over this forum & it's definatly worth the time spent reading it :mellow:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Daetrin said:
Holy crap - $480? Did you buy direct? Was this a completed helmet? Man, that's an awful pretty penny - hope it's from the real AP and not a recast.

Yup, I insta-payed him when I won it.

Daetrin said:
Thanks - makes more sense now...

What is it that makes sense??

riveting said:
Unfortunatly I think it was'nt the ver:1 but this one that was purchased

---------

back OT there is lot's of info all over this forum & it's definatly worth the time spent reading it :mellow:

Yup, that's the helmet I won. So, what does this mean then?, I did not win an AP helmet?... is Gino worse than AP?.. is there anything "not good" about the helmet I won?... was the helmet I won WAY overpriced?

I bought it as people said in this thread:------------that is looked really nice and looked like an AP (which should be a good helmet if I understand correctly).

Edited by gmrhodes13

Ironclaw said:

Yup, that's the helmet I won. So, what does this mean then?, I did not win an AP helmet?... is Gino worse than AP?.. is there anything "not good" about the helmet I won?... was the helmet I won WAY overpriced?

I bought it as people said in this thread:----------- that is looked really nice and looked like an AP (which should be a good helmet if I understand correctly).

Check this out it might help.

Gino Helmet

Edited by gmrhodes13

ThayNerd said:
Check this out it might help.

Gino Helmet

Uhm, I still don't quite get it.... if it's a Gino, does that mean it will have bad surface?, bumps and badly drawn details?.... oh noes!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Ironclaw said:

I bought it as people said in this thread:------------ that is looked really nice and looked like an AP (which should be a good helmet if I understand correctly).

There seam's to be a mix up on the above post's perhaps! as your helmet was won for $430 if I'm correct

the other helmet mentioned, ver 1 sold for $702.

The are different helmet's in many way's & best read on the link theynerd posted.

Your helmet appears to be a nice helmet & I'm sure you will be happy with it, as for a value that can only be attributed to how much someone is prepared to pay.

as for the rest of your question's I'm sure someone else could pitch in

Edited by gmrhodes13

Your helmet appears to be a nice helmet & I'm sure you will be happy with it, as for a value that can only be attributed to how much someone is prepared to pay.

Ahh, a bit of a relief. But I have no idea what these different helmets are worth (ofc is based on the buyer how much he wants it, but still, there must be some cost range for each helmet), I just assumed as someone bid this high, it would be worth it, so I bid higher to win it. Guess maybe it isn't worth this money and the only way it rose beyond 380 bucks before I placed my bid could have been because of a collector really wanting it...... well, he didn't want it enough it seems now... Hope I did good :). It should arrive in about 10 days, will take nice pics and post so people can identify it and tell me if I got a bad one or not.

as for a value that can only be attributed to how much someone is prepared to pay.

And this is the golden rule my friend of everything in this hobby, or in any hobby for that matter. A rare Pez dispenser may be worth hundreds of dollars to a collector, but would probably be thrown in the rubbish bin in my house.

Prices rise and fall over time too. I've seen the exact same item sell for between $400 and $700 depending on the auction. Sometimes there's a lot of people looking for it, sometimes not.

And this is the golden rule my friend of everything in this hobby, or in any hobby for that matter. A rare Pez dispenser may be worth hundreds of dollars to a collector, but would probably be thrown in the rubbish bin in my house.

Prices rise and fall over time too. I've seen the exact same item sell for between $400 and $700 depending on the auction. Sometimes there's a lot of people looking for it, sometimes not.

Well, according to the Gino link you gave me, it doesn't look like I got a Gino, but I'm new at this.. but still, I see no bumpy surface for example.

Oops I thought you were bidding on a different helmet. That one looks like an AP.

What Paul says is correct. In the last few months I've seen stock FX helmets got anywhere from $75-$390. The only thing that makes something collectible is when 2 people have money to blow and they want the same thing.

SuperTrooper said:
Oops I thought you were bidding on a different helmet. That one looks like an AP.

What Paul says is correct. In the last few months I've seen stock FX helmets got anywhere from $75-$390. The only thing that makes something collectible is when 2 people have money to blow and they want the same thing.

Indeed. Well, my FX helmet is pretty darn well made imo (except for the side stripes which could have been placed a tiny bit further back), I have 2 installed fans in it and the trik toys $100+ sound system. I will probably sell that helmet when I've recieved my new "AP" one. Hope I get more than $100 at least. Will tidy up the inside of the helmet before putting it on ebay of course (if you've seen my images--------

Edited by gmrhodes13

If you are curious about all the different type of fan made helmets as well as the original props used in the movies check out this site--------------- It is the same site I gave you in the previous post but the page I am showing you this time has most of the fan made helmets and armor on it to compare. Hope this helps, when I first for that site I was like "Jackpot!"

Edited by gmrhodes13

ThayNerd said:
If you are curious about all the different type of fan made helmets as well as the original props used in the movies check out this site.------------- It is the same site I gave you in the previous post but the page I am showing you this time has most of the fan made helmets and armor on it to compare. Hope this helps, when I first for that site I was like "Jackpot!"

Yeah, thanks, but already checked that page ;). I still find it somewhat difficult to see the specific difference making one helmet A and one helmet B. But I now know how to identify a Gino thanks to the Gino comments and link I got some posts back. Also the FX is ofc easy.

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to clutter the forums here with ANOTHER MR thread. So I decided to hijack this one.

I just received my MRCE. Pretty cool helmet, I like it. My problem is that I seem to have a big head. Literally, I almost can't put this thing on. I was curious about the sizing of this helmet, how does it compare internally to the fan made ones?