Star Wars Battlefront (DICE) Shock Trooper

I suggests the T-21 as primary weapon and as special accessory the smart rocket and/or

homing shot on the back or in hand. an impolite person seen during playable Palpatine bodyguard mode.

And the DLT-19 with backpack as seen on the tatooine mission.

Cool to have a big blaster on the back :)

What I'm probably gonna do is submit without the pack and the weapon for level 1, then build the pack and a DLT-19 from scratch for level 2. I don't think I'm crafty enough to build something from scratch that no one's done before  :rolleyes:

It's unlikely that using ANH armour will get you beyond basic approval however.

And that's how it should be, but I'm pretty confident I'm at least capable of hitting level 2 after introducing TM's ROTJ helmet and kidney/butt into my build. I don't see my FX abdomen armor lasting much longer here either. A lot of the ANH pieces look the same as ROTJ. Forearms, thighs, shins, etc. Even the shoulder bells in the game look more like ANH ones: they don't have that pinched look.

Edited by SolidScrafty

Basically you would follow the ROTJ TK CRL and then do the paint work. So you could use ANH armor, but some armor parts would have to be modified or changed.

This is pretty much how the Incinerator Trooper and Stormtrooper Commander are: it's essentially ROTJ style with paint, and you can use any ANH armor as a base, just need some mods. In fact most TKC & ICN troopers - even EI - are ANH based.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few things done since my last update!

I sold my MTK helmet on eBay (my first eBay sale!!).  So PayPal is withholding my funds until the helmet arrives and feedback is sent. Fair enough I guess. Apologies to TM for making him wait so long to ship my ROTJ armor, belt and helmet stuff..!  ^_^

What I still need to do with the parts I have on hand:

- Spray paint right bicep white (a few of the parts I received came in black HIPS)

- Add red stripe to right bicep

- Trim knee ammo belt and rivet to right thigh

- Add red stripe to right thigh and left thigh

- Spray paint both shins + TK kneeplate red

- Add rear shim to right shin

- Add velcro to right boot to keep shin from popping out

- Strap right shoulder bell to the right shoulder bridge

cf512a31-2381-4b41-9b39-5bbc86bdbb45.jpg

I had to add a shim to the inside of my left shin so it would fit over the top of my boot, using some leftover red ABS from my old ATA Magma. Is it acceptable for the back of a ROTJ shin to look like this? I plan to do the same with my right shin if this is okay.

This little glitch involving the shins and boots just so happens to be one of only two reasons why my other suit isn't 501st approved... I feel pretty motivated to make this change after seeing how well the shim worked on this set of armor.

DSC03384.jpg

And this is what the front looks like with the shim installed. The knee plate is CAP-W (HIPS), and the shin armor is ATA (ABS). Can't wait to see how this all looks in red. 

DSC03386.jpg

And a couple more questions. Since the thermal detonator is clearly ANH/ESB and not ROTJ, would my FX control panel be acceptable? Are they still accepted on new recruits? I could purchase a replacement from ATA, but I would rather save up for DLT-19 and backpack parts.

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 1

Thanks for the compliments! 

Wow chance... That MR looks great! Just a few posts above I told Mike I was playing with the idea of turning my eFx bucket into a shocktrooper just like you have done there. I had the feeling that could be a great way to disguise the hideous gap on the mouth without having to repaint the whole thing. I've just done the ear thinning and changing the lenses to bubble ones. How have you fill the gap on the chin in yours? This is very inspirating.<br>
Mike, sorry to read you're giving away your helmet... I liked the badass look with the painted armor, but I think once you start you always want to improve, so that would be for the best. Have you anything in mind for a weapon?

I have another MR helmet I need to convert into something too lol I just don't know what. This was easier than usual since the ears for ROTJ are glued on rather than screwed on. 

I filled in the gap using spot putty. http://www.amazon.com/Bondo-907-Glazing-Spot-Putty/dp/B0002JM8PY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452663254&sr=8-1&keywords=bondo+spot+putty

Had the day off (after errands n' stuff) to paint. The chilly weather today didn't seem to mess with anything.

Calling both shoulder bells and biceps done.

One bicep is black CAP-W HIPS painted white, and the other is unpainted ATA ABS. Both shoulder bells are CAP-W HIPS. I kind of wish my whole suit was black to begin with, because sanding away some of the white paint makes for a cool weathering effect.

24510919925_f670645f7a_b.jpg12596097_10204176788579988_259970465_n

Also did a bang up job (in my opinion ;) ) on this left shin armor. I think I'll finish the right shin tomorrow if I have time before class.

I have no doubt I can hit level 2 certification with all this ATA and CAP-W stuff. Assembled with overlaps, I think it certainly looks the part.

24428545991_2be9d9c054_b.jpg12576189_10204176787419959_1908836563_n

I'm really happy I'm able to get it to fit over my boot with the rear shim installed. Still not sure if the way it looks is going to be acceptable. Probably going to post in the ROTJ section about it if a ROTJ expert doesn't chime in here.

24484725866_05603c8b09_b.jpg12571341_10204176788259980_590621176_n

24510919555_8dfc7702a3_b.jpg12607369_10204176788059975_880186977_n

That's all for now. My drop boxes from Trooperbay arrived recently, so I'll have that to work on. Payment has been sent to Troopermaster for his ROTJ helmet kit, which is being shipped with my kidney/butt and the correct ROTJ belt material. Should have most everything else done by the time the TM stuff arrives!

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy with work and school, so I haven't had much time to do anything with this. My next day off will be spent handling and photographing at a 501st/RL/Mercs troop in Portland this Sunday.

I got a shiny new red ABS belt from Walt's Trooper Factory this morning that should fit the bill. Looks to be a good match to the red paint on the other plastic parts. Once I get home from class, I can cut it to size and give it a good blackwash and weathering job. A *little* bit of white enamel paint marker action and it should be good to go.

The TM ROTJ helmet kit should arrive any day now.... I seem to be checking the front porch every day in 10 minute intervals looking for that brown box.  :laugh1:

09b36901-5ae6-4652-83e4-1445dd8aedee.jpg

Edited by SolidScrafty

WIP thread! I want to see!  :duim:

will do asap, still modifying my ANH lid at the moment and waiting on my ANH kit, which i will have to modify. your kit looks great and thanks for posting the pics! ive saved the lot! someone actually sent me some of your lid, but i dont remember who. hope you wont mind me asking questions along the way  ;)

• Like 1

will do asap, still modifying my ANH lid at the moment and waiting on my ANH kit, which i will have to modify. your kit looks great and thanks for posting the pics! ive saved the lot! someone actually sent me some of your lid, but i dont remember who. hope you wont mind me asking questions along the way  ;)

There isn't a whole lot you will have to do to modify your ANH kit to make it passable. If you can fuse your kidney and butt plates together, you'll be golden. The rest is easy - just glue the ab button panel upside down, build with overlaps, and make sure you're gluing your ear covers on instead of using screws.

I will be subscribed and watching as soon as your thread goes up!

• Like 1

There isn't a whole lot you will have to do to modify your ANH kit to make it passable. If you can fuse your kidney and butt plates together, you'll be golden. The rest is easy - just glue the ab button panel upside down, build with overlaps, and make sure you're gluing your ear covers on instead of using screws.

I will be subscribed and watching as soon as your thread goes up!

kidney and butt are already fused, i just read about the overlaps, and im waiting on 4 bump ears and lucky you told me as i was going to screw them! what about the edging on the armour? was going to order some u shaped trim. i just want clearance 1st. thanks bud

I'm using PVC u-trim from Greatlakesskipper.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/four-winns-033-0890-white-3-16-inch-channel-pvc-boat-edge-trim-u-molding-10-ft

Here's what it looks like on my CAP-W chest armor.

DSC03526.jpg

But since you're in the UK, you should contact Troopermaster here on the forum and order from him.

• Like 1

My Troopermaster ROTJ helmet kit, kidney/butt, and belt fabric are FINALLY in the United States. No progress to show tonight, just coming here to vent my excitement. I just might have a finished level 1-approvable Shock Trooper by the end of the month. Just need to order a new neckseal from Darman.

I've decided the backpack and weapon will happen a bit later on, maybe this summer.

• Like 1

My Troopermaster ROTJ helmet kit, kidney/butt, and belt fabric are FINALLY in the United States. No progress to show tonight, just coming here to vent my excitement.

Completely understand you. ;) Excited to see this Shock Trooper finished!

Troopermaster ROTJ stuff, all laid out.

Helmet kit, kidney/butt, belt, and in the bag: ROTJ decals, neck and brow trim, assembly hardware, bubble lenses and (I think) mic tips

Friggin' sweet.

25003153705_7636e591b7_c.jpg20160213_130040

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 3