Star Wars Battlefront (DICE) Shock Trooper

Has anyone been able to get some screen grabs? I've only been able to find front shots on the net. I want to paint up my second set of armor parts like this. Curious that this trooper is missing the drop boxes and knee plate... is that the way it is in game?  :huh:

o8BUTN6.jpg

kPqo5FW.jpg

I figured someone would've made a post about this. if not I was going to.

I too would like to get some screen shots, or if someone is able to extract the model from the game and some full and detailed images of the armour and markings.
Also, if memory serves (I will have to double check), I don't think the trooper has a backpack in game. As the top, Arms out pic is an early model..... I could be very wrong, I just don't recall seeing it on the one that died in front of me over the weekend.

And just to add, about he lack of drop-boxes and knee plate. again I think that's an early model, before release. Pretty sure in game it has them and not the pack.

Edited by THE HOPFOT

I'm going out Black Friday shopping tonight and will be picking this up for Xbox One. I'll be able to capture some hi-res screens. The trickiest part about it will actually be getting the opportunity to spawn as the Shock Trooper, as that's only possible as long as a teammate is on the field playing as Palpatine. I know for sure that in some game play footage I've seen, the trooper is NOT wearing a pack.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I play on PC & if we get enough people to play in a match of Heros vs Villains we could probably get some great screen caps. I recommend this because I think that is is a 6 vs 6 match (don't quote me that's from memory not 100% sure) so with the limited number of people we could agree not to kill each other for the moment. After we get screen caps I do recommend we actually play. Personally I enjoy "walker assault"

Sent from my Microwave 8XC

Yeah on Endor the Imperials stick out like a sore thumb compared the to Rebels but I don't think I agree it's easier for the rebels it just depends on your team.

I think the biggest mistake people make as the Imperials on most maps is picking villains other than Boba Fett. With his wrist rockets you can sit on the opposite end of the battlefield & snipe everyone. But the trees on Endor don't allow this. As cool as it would be to simply bum rush in as Vader or the Emperor they just get shot by everyone at once & die fast. Boba can at least fly away

Sent from my Microwave 8XC

Discovered a few things playing the game.

Playing as a Shock Trooper, you carry a T-21 blaster and no backpack.

vAdkE9N.png

Encountering a Shock Trooper on Tattooine, you'll notice they carry both a DLT-19 blaster and what appears to be a backpack resembling the Special Edition Sandtrooper pack. 

4hY9EBj.jpg

WVbGIbn.png

I'll try to get a better shot sometime. It's incredibly hard to sneak up on these guys' rears without them noticing. I keep having to kill them and hope they land on the ground the right way.  :56pullhair:

An example of the SE Sandtrooper pack, from http://www.tk1336.com/tdtrooper.html

2pxaWKw.jpg

Plastic shoulder straps and a thermal detonator attached to the belt are present not only on the playable model with no pack, but also on the AI trooper with the pack. For the sake of common sense, I would hope that those approving this costume would overlook those two details on the latter variant, but who knows.

• Like 1

MTK helmet as it arrived in the mail.

rNjlCt0.jpg

Trimmed the eye holes a bit more, masked everything off, and painted.

ESXQsf3.jpg

The traps and tears are handpainted (for now) until my decals arrive. Also temporary are the ANH tube stripes. I plan to take the ears off and slim them down a bit. Also will fill in the screw holes with bondo. 

Let me know what you think!

• Like 4

Definitely share your helmet's new paintjob with us! Just keep in mind if you're using your Anovos kit (which is ANH I believe), you'll need to construct it as an ROTJ trooper. That means you'll have a couple mods to make, and you may even need to buy a replacement kidney/butt from TM or CFO, which is supposed to be a single piece.

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 1

It's good to have you back Mike :)

I can't wait to write this CRL.

FYI: You're totally helping.

-Eric

It's good to be back! I did my fair share of research while I couldn't build - this one will go 100x more smoothly than my first attempt at building.

I'll feel good knowing that the effort put in now could make it easier for people building this after me. I'll be happy to help with CRL-related efforts however I can.

Flipped the buttons on the FX abdomen armor and tried on some cheap door trim I found at Walmart today. Still planning to get the good rubber trim from either TM or CFO, but I'll be painting this up tomorrow to get a good idea of what it'll look like.

GeFbPP8.jpg

The over-sized handplates need to be trimmed some. I'll use the scrap to make ABS paste which I'll use to repair the crack near the gentleman's region as well as the little gaps around the ab button plate after repositioning.

• Like 2

I'm just a little obsessed with how good (I believe) this helmet turned out. Decals are fitted, all that's left is to fill in the screw holes on the ears. I've given up trying to take the ears off to slim them down - this bucket was constructed a little too well ;p

vmBkh9B.jpg

Boots came in too. I'll make a trip up to the store for nail polish remover and hopefully find some red spray paint for leather.

• Like 2

Finished the chest plate and shoulder bells. Might give the abdomen plate a blackwash tomorrow.

zC4AI2f.jpg

w6aWMP5.jpg

Yes, that button was painted white on purpose. On the game model, you have one white button and 8 black buttons.

ReSf2IW.jpg

Iu2DP9y.jpg

Painting and weathering is fun. I don't think you'll ever see me wear a clean, shiny TK.

• Like 4