Star Wars Battlefront (DICE) Shock Trooper

Opened up the eye holes a little more and glued on the left ear. All that's left to do now is weather the helmet.

12769548_10204337444956297_1558079740_n.

And everything I have, spread out.

12765708_10204337445756317_764246540_o.j

To do list:

- Paint red stripes on both thighs

- Paint right shin

- Rivet ammo belt to fabric belt

- Weather everything

- Touch up red paint on boots

- Trim out backs of thighs and shins to improve mobility

- Trim and assemble drop boxes and paint red, then attach to belt with elastic.

One more full day's worth of work, and it should be there. This has been a fun build so far!

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 3

Meanwhile, I've secured the ammo belt to the fabric using split rivets. The drop boxes have been trimmed and painted - I just need to assemble the two halves of each box and attach them to the belt. I'm thinking I want to do it in such a way that I can store my ID, a credit card and some cash inside 'em for those visits to the conventions. At that point, the trooper should be done structurally, leaving only the paint and weathering work to do.

Meanwhile, I've secured the ammo belt to the fabric using split rivets. The drop boxes have been trimmed and painted - I just need to assemble the two halves of each box and attach them to the belt. I'm thinking I want to do it in such a way that I can store my ID, a credit card and some cash inside 'em for those visits to the conventions. At that point, the trooper should be done structurally, leaving only the paint and weathering work to do.

A couple of sensibly placed magnets ought to do the trick.  ;)

Now that I've done some detail work with a white enamel paint marker, some black acrylic and sandpaper, I can call this helmet ready to go. 

I'll more than likely re-visit the helmet weathering and try to give it a dirtier look when I apply for Expert Infantry, but for now this should be golden for base approval. I tried to replicate all the little paint chips and scratches on the red paint seen on the video game helmet.

12747545_10204357251891458_7469204324604

---

Does anyone know who the new LMO is? It's getting to be that time where I should get in contact with him/her and let them know where I am with this.

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that two of the three LMOs are Stormtrooperguy, and Darth Aloha. Rest assured that the LMO team is pretty well in touch with where you are with it. ;) Looking good. Still!

• Like 1

Crosspost from NEG:

Did a test fit after taking nearly an inch off the tops of the thighs. Sorry for the picture quality - they were taken by my sister's phone.

12029775_10204369985489790_6948997416721

246718_10204369986449814_483502986413525

12792201_10204369986049804_7268118016126

12803082_10204369986289810_1286623291438

And just to prove it's me under that helmet:

1554345_10204369986609818_23287352979788

Just need to add the drop boxes and trim a little bit more off the thighs and buttplate. Other than that, the armor is pretty much "me" sized, and just needs a little padding in a few places. 

I'm starting bookkeeper training next week, which means early in, early out. I'll have 5 days next week that I can devote to finishing this armor. I'm thinking about debuting it at the St. Patricks Day parade in Boston  :) 

Advice is welcome as always!

• Like 1

Pink Panther. :D

Other than that ... it looks misaligned.

Sshhh it's definitely the lighting lol.

I know for sure I can bring the strap up on a thigh, and add padding to a shoulder bell. If you see anything weird anywhere else, do feel free to comment

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Something doesn't look right with the chest plate. It looks too large?

Also, your butt plate is overlapping your thighs at the sides; it shouldn't do that might need some trimming.

Also, I'd spend some TLC on the tops of those thighs. They're pretty flat on the top and should be more round.

Other than that it looks great! Weathering is very well done!

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

Something doesn't look right with the chest plate. It looks too large?

Also, your butt plate is overlapping your thighs at the sides; it shouldn't do that might need some trimming.

Also, I'd spend some TLC on the tops of those thighs. They're pretty flat on the top and should be more round.

Thanks for the advice - I'll see what I can do about this after work tonight!

• Like 1

So I suddenly have some spare cash after Pick 3 drew my number straight. So now I'm in the market for a DLT-19. Is Hyperfirm still making these?

I have no idea with any certainty what the answer to your question may be, but that's awesome! Congratulations!!
  • Like 1

On second thought, as if by magic or something, look what was just posted: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35982-fs-hyperfirm-dlt-19-b-grades-4x-available/'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35982-fs-hyperfirm-dlt-19-b-grades-4x-available/</a><br><br>

Happy Shopping! :)

• Like 2

So I suddenly have some spare cash after Pick 3 drew my number straight. So now I'm in the market for a DLT-19. Is Hyperfirm still making these?

DUDE! Good timing. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35982-fs-hyperfirm-dlt-19-b-grades-4x-available/

-Eric

• Like 2