Found these on Amazon.

I got some like those I'm thinking of turning into tk boots. They aren't as high as the ones you can buy from tkboots etc. Is the height an issue? Like will they come out from under the shin armour, or not?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

The U shape in the elastic looks a little more like an upside-down V, but these should get you through basic approval after being painted, Will.  My main concern would be like Kris mentioned... that they may not be high enough, and that after several steps they would pop out of the shin armor in the front and back, which looks awful.  

Well, I'll give them a shot. They didn't cost much so I'm not out much if j have to get other ones. Risk/reward. I'll try the Velcro strapping method I've seen here if they are a little short. Just so excited to be starting down the path of having my first set of armor. My first step into a larger world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought a pair very similar to these and after going through the entire dying and painting process, realized they did slip out from under my calf armor very easily. Super bummed. Not sure there is a fix other than my having to buy new boots and go through the whole process again.  :angry: