Force Awakens Heavy Gunner cannon build

Oh my gosh man! I am in love with those pictures of you wearing the entire kit. That's my dream build sir. Amazing job, and congratulations.

Thanks Ben! Got to wear it around this weekend at Fan Fest, which was a lot of fun. The fingers on my right hand were literally numb after a couple hours with how these forearms dig into the wrist while carrying it. Totally worth it though!

87dd08ed-31ac-49d3-b548-89e89fddc7bf_zps

Edited by camprandall
  • Like 1

Sweet!

Numb fingers, I have the same issue after carrying my T-21 for long durations. 

So how much does that thing weigh Clint?

It's close to 12 lbs. The main issue is the fact that the trigger is underneath but there is that big white boxy thing that bumps into the forearm so I have to seriously tweak my wrist to hold it straight. Oh, the things we endure...

• Like 2

Would you be open to being the CRL model? We would need pix of the weapon, vest, and of course, you in a good front/back shot.

Though I love the BFG, Clint is the only one that has one  :salute: . I think an image of Clint with the smaller blaster (tactical rifle with end stock) would be more suited for the CRL being many will have that setup, not to mention Clint has that gun as well.

Thoughts?

Though I love the BFG, Clint is the only one that has one  :salute: . I think an image of Clint with the smaller blaster (tactical rifle with end stock) would be more suited for the CRL being many will have that setup, not to mention Clint has that gun as well.

Thoughts?

It also makes me wonder if the version with the stock and pistol is actually the heavy gunner. We don't know the clear distinctions yet of their roles so it gets confusing. We probably need to see the movie and see how everything plays out and then determine what variations of the trooper there are vs just a bunch of optional accessories on the one.

• Like 1

It also makes me wonder if the version with the stock and pistol is actually the heavy gunner. We don't know the clear distinctions yet of their roles so it gets confusing. We probably need to see the movie and see how everything plays out and then determine what variations of the trooper there are vs just a bunch of optional accessories on the one.

Completely agree. Still think you should be the poster child  :D

• Like 1

Thanks Rob!

Yeah, this was a beast. I really don't see myself making several of these. :) I wish I could, but my 2 and 3 year olds prefer to play monsters than hear about me building guns in the garage. ;)

Not asking you to make several, just one, for me  :laugh1:  ;)

Actually, maybe the one you did could be used to mold others? Or, do a 3-d scan so people can print parts?

I actually thought about that, but it would only be a first step. With how manual this was, I'd want to make several corrections on a mold. It sounds intriguing though. :) We have a guy here in the DSG who makes all the latex space monkeys and other things so he does a lot of molding.

I haven't even received my first TK yet and I already cleared 2nd FO Armor with my Mrs to do a HWT. You guys are a bad influence lol - Lord Vader bless you!

You're welcome  ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's the final result of adding the lights. It came out great! They're so freaking hot though that there's a faint smell coming from the red sheeting over the lens. :)

Video: http://vid1074.photobucket.com/albums/w403/camprandall/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/20160204_225425_zpslwwu5ukd.mp4

20160204_225351_zpsz589am8s.jpg

20160204_224843_zpsuxv9kird.jpg

• 4 weeks later...