Vison/Mission statement and Conduct

You should always conduct yourself in a professional manner when you are in costume & wearing legion swag. The main reason I say this is when we are in character we do not represent yourself, we represent Disney/LFL (never once did I ever think I would say those 2 names in the same sentence). While some people know of the 501st, a lot more know of Disney/LFL & you will never know what will be posted on social media and catch the eyes of our wonderful Mouse Emperor  ;)

Here's the crux of the question. Why are there so many 501st members trolling, insulting, and being rude and honestly downright hostile in other social media venues? They don't get under my skin much buy they say things like "it's fun to be elitist" and rip on other people's armor, mostly people who are not interested in joining. I see LOT of bad eggs and downright right bullying. I don't care how they treat me anymore, but I get really livid when I see others get slammed with 501st snark and disruptive behavior. NOT a good way to represent. So if there is any type of overall creed...mission statement on how the 501st is generally meant to be "polite." I want to see it. If I'm ever honored to be accepted into the 501st, I feel that it will be my duty to be courteous and represent the 501st as a good organization that lifts people up and politely helps people (who want) totally screen accurate costuming.<br>

On the brighter side, I have met some extremely kind and helpful people in the 501st, and as a person who has been utterly disgusted with the human race, I thought getting involved with this would turn me around.

Is there a creed on how you feel 501st members should conduct themselves outside of FISD?

Treat everyone how you want to be treated on your first day, or first date.

Here's the crux of the question. Why are there so many 501st members trolling, insulting, and being rude and honestly downright hostile in other social media venues? They don't get under my skin much buy they say things like "it's fun to be elitist" and rip on other people's armor, mostly people who are not interested in joining. I see LOT of bad eggs and downright right bullying. I don't care how they treat me anymore, but I get really livid when I see others get slammed with 501st snark and disruptive behavior. NOT a good way to represent. So if there is any type of overall creed...mission statement on how the 501st is generally meant to be "polite." I want to see it. If I'm ever honored to be accepted into the 501st, I feel that it will be my duty to be courteous and represent the 501st as a good organization that lifts people up and politely helps people (who want) totally screen accurate costuming.<br>

On the brighter side, I have met some extremely kind and helpful people in the 501st, and as a person who has been utterly disgusted with the human race, I thought getting involved with this would turn me around.

So. Examples help.

How do you know they are 501st members?

Are they calling overpriced costumes overpriced? Bad work bad? Scoundrels scoundrels? A spade a spade?

People have the right to express an opinion . a personal opinion. Not in costume and not an official 501st opinion.

"That won't pass inspection." Is a nice military term for "that's garbage don't buy it / wear it/ sell it."

I think you'll find that many 501st members are guarded. And trying to keep people from wasting thousands of dollars on ...fecal matter.

So I am curious what has been said to you, under what circumstances, and where.

• Like 1

I don't mind getting a little flak about buying a Rubies before I knew better. These guys are in the 501st. It's on their profile Facebook page. If anyone wants copis of how theses jerks behave like trolls, I'll send you the conversation copied and pasted into a private message. It's pretty disgusting.I'm old enough and mostly mature enough to handle it, just getting fed up with it.<br>

Maybe I'm just naive and should have just stayed in the scouts.

You can bring it up withe their garrison's CO who can charge them with unbecoming behavior. Garrisons are geographic to the area they live in and you can find the whole list here, including contact details to their CO;

http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php#garrisons

• Like 1

We have no right to insult or degrade another person's kit. our  mission statement is clear.

troopers helping troopers.

if a guy buys a bad kit we can show him how to make it better?

• Like 3