Knockerbot large AP build

Inner forearm parts should have no return edges.

Mark (AP)

The top of the inner forearm or the bottom? Because that tiny bit on the bottom is because I haven't did a final trim and sand yet but the top I did leave a little but if you're saying it shouldn't be there I'm happy to get rid of it.

I added another finely cut ounce to the ABS paste at 10 or so pm. It went liquid in a few seconds and went to a toothpaste like consistency. In the end I used exactly 2 ounces of Acetone to 4 ounces of finely chopped ABS, so a 1 to 2 ratio.

I left it overnight and just used it now at 7:45. It was going solid pretty quick while I was using it and I slipped on the one side (shaky hands yo! lol) so I ended up having to cover the whole shim, that'll suck to sand compared to the other. I went over then both twice. First time pushing a small amount of paste hard into the crack and a second layer almost right away thick enough to sand everything even. After a few minutes it was actually hand pliable so I just pressed around and made sure to get rid of the worst peaks and valleys  

Phones dead I'll post pictures when I can sometime today. 

20160131_104430_zpsjl44hwmu.jpg

So this is the better of the two, the next one was a little murdered lol. Should be fine with sanding.

20160131_104439_zps2io9gwoe.jpg

So I'll let that sit for the night and then sand tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have any novus so I'm going to try some Mcguires polish to see if that works. If not it wont hurt anything and I'll finish when I can get some.

Next while I'm waiting is the start of the snap plates. I'm going with Billhags diagrams to make them.

20160130_210432_zpslnyxdfff.jpg

buttload of 1 inch by 1 inch webbing squares.

• Like 1

I'm up in the air if I'm even going to sand it this week lol. Mark was saying that I should have lined up the bottom and not top of the biceps so I need to tear those apart

Sounds like you've got some work planned ahead...

The top of the inner forearm or the bottom? Because that tiny bit on the bottom is because I haven't did a final trim and sand yet but the top I did leave a little but if you're saying it shouldn't be there I'm happy to get rid of it.

yes remove completely top and bottom

Mark from AP sent me his photobucket to show me the actual way these parts are supposed to go together. Even though the photos are APv1 and we have APv2 now these are still really helpful. Thanks again Mark. I find that I thank him a lot in my posts and emails lol

http://s962.photobucket.com/user/authenticprops/library/AP%20Stormtrooper%20armor?sort=6&page=1

• Like 4

I'm not going to lie, I'e been feeling pretty discouraged lately. I'm feeling like I'm doing things wrong (even the things I know are right) which is kind of par for the course for me so I am pushing through it. To be completely honest and I don't think there's any reason not to with you guys I've been battling a mental disorder for a long long time and I tend to get crippled by indecision. It's not something I let be an excuse in my life and I won't let it be here either.

I'm pressing forward no matter how working on this is making me feel at the moment.

I glued on the ab buttons although I'm not sure if I over trimmed the little ones. I think I may have but it looks okay. I don't have post tape pictures yet.

20160130_210443_zpsvzunomy2.jpg

I'm going back in time to share my helmet build.

20160123_202336_zpsklatuo6c.jpg

Trim lines for the eyes and I took a lot more out of the teeth using a set of needle files. Also stabbed myself pretty bad in the hand.

I drilled a hole and scored along the line then cut out to the line in triangles using curved lexan scissors 

20160123_202815_zpsdoyxh4jl.jpg

20160123_213511_zpswfn0mlrj.jpg

Over excited first night untrimmed build. I trimmed a whole lot more off the ears, tons more from the eyes and teeth after this

Filed and sanded way more off the eyes after the lenses were in, after this picture.

20160124_103304_zpspcdhzuwe.jpg

20160124_103932_zpspfomavh6.jpg

20160124_103926_zps7iforrca.jpg

Vajs tips going in. Had some cracking issues with the plastic again. They look nice but are very fragile. 

Again, not the final eyes

20160124_104300_zps9q0zqyxu.jpg

I traced the eyes onto paper and added 1cm.

20160124_170909_zpsoye9wykg.jpg

20160124_171159_zpssitz5m66.jpg

I have a curved shield so I taped it down with gorilla tape. Didn't move at all. then scored it with my utility knife.

20160124_171631_zpsqayvvtrq.jpg

I did the final cut with tin snips. Followed the line real easy.

20160124_172542_zpsxazqyazb.jpg

• Like 1