Knockerbot large AP build

Well you have to think haw many people over that size will buy to start with, small amount in the large amount of your sales, then you have to think of how many of that small amount will aim for centurion, even smaller amount. It makes sense how you put it. This issue will happen again and again but not very often I don't think.

The people it'll suck for the most are the slightly larger people, that only needed an extra inch and have to do the fix. at least it's an actual good few inches for me lol

It's all good Mark. You did a good job overall and it's appreciated. Although you should think about scaling up the inner drop boxes just a bit :) 

Will definitely rework the inner boxes, I was so behind schedule we started the pulls without having a chance to test fit, my main concern was the new body armor parts which was a real pain to form properly because of the added size to the molds.

Edited by ABS80

So I do have photos and I will post them but every time I go to update I find something on my armour I'd rather do lol. I have finished my helmet and I'm working on the dreaded notch repair.

Cut it out yesterday and glued in a backer piece and will glue in the replacement abs today then fill tomorrow. The good thing is if you cut it right you can just kind of shift the plastic he already put there slightly out and it'll act as a shim for that space to make it a 22x22 notch 

• Like 2

So I do have photos and I will post them but every time I go to update I find something on my armour I'd rather do lol. I have finished my helmet and I'm working on the dreaded notch repair.

Cut it out yesterday and glued in a backer piece and will glue in the replacement abs today then fill tomorrow. The good thing is if you cut it right you can just kind of shift the plastic he already put there slightly out and it'll act as a shim for that space to make it a 22x22 notch

Pictures! Yay!

Here we go again. SO this stuff is not actually in order and I'll try to tell you everything and when it's happened.

Just trimming. Spent days trimming obsessing about return edges and it ends up I'm too big and had to take most down to nothing lol

20160123_192344_zpsw852ptmm.jpg

These are just rough trims. More will come both before and after cover strips.

20160123_192355_zpsai3f1y72.jpg20160123_192419_zpsxb7voqf0.jpg20160123_192411_zpsuu0c6bgu.jpg

• Like 1

Forearm, ended up taking down the return more on the wrist and even a little more may go still.

20160123_192431_zpsphgjcf2s.jpg

20160123_192440_zps5dkl0emw.jpg

So at this point I thought "Theres no way my arms are too big for 15mm" so I like a jackass trimmed to 8 mm on all 4 sides. So I realised after that I actually needed an extra 7.5mm on each side so I made filler shims, one for each side. 

20160130_170921_zpskurf4hsq.jpg

20160130_171436_zpsboolyt50.jpg

Ive been using too much e6000, it's been seeping out. Easy to clean when it dries with a toothpick but a pain n the butt still lol. This is the glued shim I'll need to trim up the top and bottom to match. I think it's the best of a bad situation.

• Like 1

Two shims shifted during drying. Anyone know if that needs to be fixed or if it's just something that can be left alone. I figured out what is up. I think the extra glue made it slip. Pandatrooper told me to tape them in place then clamp so I'll be doing that now for all strips. Now these strips are still 15mm even though I'm well bigger than that lol.

This is the back of the left forearm and back of the left bicep.

20160130_164659_zpstzbun6ei.jpg

20160130_164727_zpsksx87snx.jpg

Honestly I've been reluctant to post because I have pretty bad anxiety and it feels like people will focus and judge on my mistakes, because I can point to 100 myself. I know it's not true and I've never seen a piece of advice on here that wasn't constructive criticism but it still makes me worry.

It's not called unfounded anxiety for no reason lol Generalised Anxiety Disorder, I literally have anxiety about everything, all the time. 

I'm going to jump around on my posts here on my timeline. I started with a rough trim of almost everything minus the smaller things that I wasn't sure of the actual dimensions like the shoulder strap knee plate, thigh ammo belt etc.

Then I did my helmet and Thermal Det. I'll post about these after because I think what I did next was more important to talk about because there will be a lot less handy people coming across the issue soon and it's the patching of the indent for the kidney notch.

Here is the offending notch after I trimmed my kidneys to fit me.

20160127_142756_zps4bxxjitg.jpg

I scored it at the edge of the return edge that mark put in because I am actually taking this piece and shifting it out by about a mm, that's all, and adding the 22x22mm notch at the same time.

20160127_143848_zpsced0n7zs.jpg

My phones camera blows but what happened here is that I measured out the 22mm for the notch and left the return edge just on that shot while trimming the rest of it away. this will give the ABS paste a small gap to fill and hopefully that means I'll be able to make it nice and flush. 

Next up was the backer piece.

20160128_100000_zpssp2x3lwi.jpg

I held it in place for 24 hours using 2 clamps. this is the after. I made sure to have the edge of the backer at the 22mm mark and low enough to retain the large return edge on the bottom of the notch.

20160128_100048_zpskq2vj4hc.jpg

This is right after the application of glue onto the backer piece and notch filler shim right before clamping. Now if you look you can see why I took down that return edge on the inner notch. It would have pushed the shim a mm or 2 higher making it look even more out of place. I also made a mistake on the other side and for some reason I cut the shim WAY too short. No idea what was going on there. I actually think I may have just lost the part I actually meant to use and my brain said screw it and I just used the two left over shim parts. On this one you can see the large return edge I managed to save by using the actual notch that I cut from the kidney. You can also see the second seam and extra work I made for myself lol.

20160128_100151_zpsiwscsyl1.jpg

• Like 2

For my ABS paste I'm going a ratio of 1 ounce of acetone to 1.5 ounces of finely cut ABS scrap. Took forever to chop that so if this isn't enough that will suck for my hands lol

20160130_173715_zpsifdefqzp.jpg

20160130_174225_zpshbpb8mzx.jpg

20160130_181211_zpswjrm6ol3.jpg

30 minutes in and it's already almost paste. Py said his took 2 days, I wonder why mine is going faster. At this rate it may be good in the morning. Maybe I cut my scrap smaller?

That's where I am up to date on the patches. Now back in time! To the helmet, TD and my first cover strips!

• Like 1