EPVII Nerf Blasters

gmrhodes13

And ... added to my "Force Friday" shopping list, as if I haven't dropped nearly enough cash on my TFA kit and other TFA stuff. I'm going to need a new credit card by the time the movie comes out. :huh:

• Like 1

Managed to find one of these in our local Kmart in Australia, looks a little smaller that shown in the celebration magazine but still worth adding some lights, sound and some fresh paint soon.

post-16782-0-48088500-1440751988_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Size comparison for those interested

post-16782-0-57960400-1440891302_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

I did a rough comparison of the blaster to see if a conversion was possible, but the changes that Nerf have made, to make it compatible with their range of upgrades make a conversion kit impossible.

--------------

• Barrel is too short
  • Rear stock would need removing
  • magazine housing is too big and on the wrong side
  • Scope rail is completely wrong
  • Trigger is inaccurate
  • Iron sights are wrong and would have to be removed and replaced

You could possible cut the lower parts off and stick them to a pipe build or doopies upper body, but it would be more work than buying an accurate kit.  I don't think there is yet enough reference material to compare the pistol though :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2015 at 10:25 PM, zebedee said:

I did a rough comparison of the blaster to see if a conversion was possible, but the changes that Nerf have made, to make it compatible with their range of upgrades make a conversion kit impossible.

---------------

• Barrel is too short
  • Trigger is inaccurate

You could possible cut the lower parts off and stick them to a pipe build or doopies upper body, but it would be more work than buying an accurate kit.  I don't think there is yet enough reference material to compare the pistol though :)

Thanks Rowan I thought as much on that one, seems more like the Captain Phasma one but a bit squashed - did you look at the smaller blaster as well? not even sure what that one is called.

• Like 1

I've held this NERF hand pistol in my hand and even though it is not that bad regarding details, it's far too small. And, like Rowan says, the NERF version of the E-11 has pretty much nothing salvageable for us. 

• Like 1

I've held this NERF hand pistol in my hand and even though it is not that bad regarding details, it's far too small. And, like Rowan says, the NERF version of the E-11 has pretty much nothing salvageable for us.

Damn thanks guys will hand the nerf gun to my son now lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've bought both, will have a look at the pistol against the images we have so far at the weekend. :) I'm thinking the blaster will be good for "shoot-a-trooper" type events :)

I will more than likely see it tomorrow and buy it I'm terrible with anything Stormtrooper related.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident that the blaster (prop) is built around a glock 17 (either gen 3 or 4). So you could use that as a frame of reference. I think the nerf one has been scaled down a bit - maybe by 10-15% while the pistol grip has been scaled down even more (20% or more) on its circumference, presumably to accommodate smaller (child) hands.<br><br><br>

The concept is not that far from what you see in airsoft with glocks and conversion kits. Do a google search and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Vertex

The Nerf pistol is quite similar in scale to a Glock (pictured against my airsoft Glock 17);

20604123214_0b1446e6ee_z.jpg

As you rightly said, the pistol grip could do with being bigger, but the rest is not a bad scale;

21234763901_1e32afc6cd_z.jpg

The trigger guard and top parts are almost a match, dimensions wise!

:)

• Like 2

On 9/3/2015 at 10:25 PM, zebedee said:

---------------

• Barrel is too short
  • Trigger is inaccurate

Thanks for the notes.  

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

I also picked up one of the Nerf pistols this past weekend. Sand off the raised branding (if possible), give it an accurate paint job (now that there is plenty of reference material to do the job properly), and install a couple of bolts to make it compatible with the thigh holster, and it'll make for a decent stand-in until someone comes up with something more accurate. Since it only cost $12 or so at Target, I can easily buy two or three of them and experiment on what works best. :)

Bonus points for finally being able to shoot back during Blast A Trooper. ;)

• Like 2

A comparison shot of the pistol;

-----------

To my mind the top slide could be a bit thicker, and the cone on the front longer.  I'm also tempted to drill out a gap in the slide under the sights.

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2