Original stormtrooper armor?

Im debating on getting the Original stormtrooper, Battle spec armor? is it worth it? is it trusted? and is the quality well?

Thanks! -Kurt :) 

Stormtrooper Battle Spec Armour & Helmet Combo Deal

Our Price: Â£599.99
Based on the original Stormtrooper Stunt helmet and armour, this Battle Spec Full Armour set is made using modern production processes but retains the feel and soul of the originals. The ABS Combo is precisely detailed and is fabricated in white flexible ABS, that’s perfect for costuming and trooping events. So report for duty trooper!

Combo Deal Saving £100
  • Armour & Helmet complete trooper set.
  • Fabricated in white flexible ABS to withstand the wear and tear of costuming events.
  • Strong enough to withstand the rigours of costuming too!
  • Ready-to-wear straight out of the box
  • Professional ‘popper’ integrated strap system
  • Black body suit, gloves and hand armour included (white boots,Ell, holster & neck seal not included)(available separately)
  • Accommodates various body dimensions – typically 5’6 to 6’2 (165-185cm) with various builds.
  • Can be adapted for people outside these core dimensions.

Stock Code: SCA003
Material: ABS
Ready-to-wear straight out of the box: Yes
Hand Made: Yes
Production Lead Time: 5 Days

Merging threads. You don't need two of the same thing.

Do some reading. We have plenty of existing threads on it already.

Short story version: Okey armour, but nothing is "original" about it. It's recast ROTJ-based armour made to look like ANH. You can get far better armour for not much more money.

• Like 2

Every time I hear about "original Stormtrooper" and his claims that his molds are from the original molds makes me furious. A business based on lies is just not the way to go.

• Like 1

Merging threads. You don't need two of the same thing.

Do some reading. We have plenty of existing threads on it already.

Short story version: Okey armour, but nothing is "original" about it. It's recast ROTJ-based armour made to look like ANH. You can get far better armour for not much more money.

what should i steer towards?

You should steer towards this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Or another good one that isn't listed on here is MTK armor and his contact is mtk_armor@cox.net

Good Luck

• Like 1

I just got armor from RS Prop Masters. It was a little more $$$ but worth it in my opinion. Lots of buying options and really good customer support. RS did a great job sending me emails every so often keeping me in the loop of how the process was going.

Good luck

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think there is anything in that price range that comes fully built... Gotta work for it at that price! And then, even the Anovos kit at 350$ costs a lot more than 600$ once you add blaster, boots, electronics and tools needed!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

well, im looking into AMstormtrooper armor, what do you guys think of him?

AM is geared toward the larger trooper.  If you aren't on the larger side you will need to be prepared to trim a lot of excess plastic. 

Trying to find armor that is ready to wear for $500-$600 will be very difficult.  Have you looked at this thread?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28304-how-much-can-i-realistically-expect-to-pay-to-finish-my-stormtrooper-costume/

As far as price is concerned, I think that you will see that ATA, MTK, AM, CAP-W, NE, and the anovos kit will be around the same price point.  Just some kits you will have to wait a lot longer to receive then others.

• Like 1

AM is geared toward the larger trooper. If you aren't on the larger side you will need to be prepared to trim a lot of excess plastic.

Yeah....I'm not big at all so

Trying to find armor that is ready to wear for $500-$600 will be very difficult. Have you looked at this thread?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28304-how-much-can-i-realistically-expect-to-pay-to-finish-my-stormtrooper-costume/

As far as price is concerned, I think that you will see that ATA, MTK, AM, CAP-W, NE, and the anovos kit will be around the same price point. Just some kits you will have to wait a lot longer to receive then others.

I'm definitely not "on the bigger side" probably the complete opposite haha! I've realized I don't need a "out of the box" just something I don't have to paint!

Thanks. -Kurt

Edited by kurt.0206