And so it begins....MTK

aintrabar

So my wife just texted me this  picture.  So i guess i'll start this thread now.. Trying to work out the best photo site to post things as i build.

I love reading all the threads here and will be looking at them constantly before i start cutting my fingers off and mis measuring everything hehe.

I look forward to your input and help!

post-24325-0-06169000-1438112328_thumb.jpg

And then the inventory. I must say I got a great deal on this kit. Yes I went eBay but I confirmed with mtk it was one of his kits before I bought it. It came with lots of extras. Oh and a helmet built by mtk

post-24325-143812803385_thumb.jpg

And the part count. All there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like i was saying it was a real steal this kit i got since it came wiht a pair of TK boots... down side... they dont fit me.. 

Also dumb question.. is there a limit on image upload or something?? I keep getting errors if i try to add too many pictures???

I'm going through the same thing. I'm working on an Mtk ESB build. I'm just afraid of trimming too much off.

Good luck to you I'll be watching your thread.

SO got some more pictures to share of the beginning of all of this So it was inventory time

82BEE9CF-1EE4-4529-A735-6EA08FD51C04_zps

Seems i have everything. Also this had lots of extras like the neck seal. Compression suit and gloves and boots and holster!

536D66E4-1BA2-4D09-B94D-54FC31D245EE_zps

So now i wait for my package from Trooperbay with all my tools and stuff.. hopefully soon. then i'll get building

UNtill then i'll just sit around in my bucket (came finished by MTK)

7890CDE2-3958-42D3-B73E-6B4B9743C4A6_zps

Thanks Barcode. I will be takeing this SLOOOOOWW..  I am so not a craft/handy person.  And i'm doing lots of research and reading on here.  I have my ID costume (and soon a Tie Reserve) to troop in till this is done. But we know the gang in Armor gets all the loves hehe

Yea they get the love but thoes of us with Soft costumes can actually see everyone (and make faces at you hard armors behind your back hehe)

Of course my opinion will change in a month or two when i get my armor done heheh

Well this is going slowly.. Due to waiting on a large order from Trooper bay that seems to be delayed due to missing velcro in stock. So i did get some stuff via amazon. Now to work up the nerve to start trimming things... 

A12542E7-C09E-46CE-A408-F7AD7CDACC1F_zps

Wish there was a box full of goodies when I bought my MTK kit. Just so you know MTK is made by the same guy who owns and operates trooperbay. Make sure you watch his tutorial videos on the site a million times, and if you haven't seen it, check out Ukwrath's build thread as it is super detailed and will help you a lot. I'm currently building an MTK TD and there are a few other MTKs in progress. Good luck with your build and have fun! 

Oh yea i know. I have all his videos saved on my playlist. hehe. His business plan works well.. Make the kits. Then mke great videos on how to build. Then i went to the site and bought all the stuff he used... hehe  Just wish my order from him would show up. But i'll have my laptop on the table while i watch the videos step by step.. heheh

I need to just get my butt on it and start trimming some hehe

Like Tony said, Mike is a one man show. He runs trooperbay and also runs a sign company. The last thing I ordered took like 2 weeks. I try to source items locally but you can't really find tube stripe templates at home depot lol. 

If you start using the dremell, you are going to have white dust and particles all over you collection behind your work bench/door.

May I suggest you put a sheet over them or you will be forever dusting them off.

Enjoy the build the MTK kits are great to work on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh i think for a while i'll be useing the exacto Knife for most of it.  I'm actually going to put togteher a little dust catching set up. Box with Shop vac attached. (off to the side) so when i dremmil it will pull the dust (pretty smart i must say hehe)