Got my MTK bucket today

good, its put together now.  not super thrilled the way it went together, but it will be alright.  I will post pictures tonight of how it looks.  gonna start working on the ears tonight.

Building helmets takes practice and so much patience. I think I put together , took apart, adjusted, tinkered, and cursed at my MTK about 20 times before I was really happy with it. Can't wait to see the pics!

I had to step back and take a break from it to be honest.  Got other things on my mind and don't need to try working on it without a clear head.  Going to take the Mrs. to Disneyland this weekend and unwind.  Speaking of which, does anyone know where the armor the troops at Disneyland wear comes from?

You are using your bucket....always good to take step back.  I built my MTK bucket in December and worked on it slowly till February or March.  Overall, it's an awesome bucket and pretty easy to build.......except those blasted ears.....ugh.  Good luck on your build

I had to step back and take a break from it to be honest.  Got other things on my mind and don't need to try working on it without a clear head.  Going to take the Mrs. to Disneyland this weekend and unwind.  Speaking of which, does anyone know where the armor the troops at Disneyland wear comes from?

I believe those are custom made for Disney. The "cast members" have to wear them longer than we do and dance around for shows. I could be wrong tho.

Yup, they're weird unique-to-Disney suits you can't own. Half hero, half stunt, ..half ROTJ. DLand sent them to SDCC for the secret concert (so rude to mega-fan Kevin Smith!), so you can get a good look at about 40 of them in daylight.

Good idea to not burn yourself out; fatigue makes your brain not wurk so good no mores which generally equates to making mistakes. Luckily there's no time limit (other than put in place by ourselves)😎

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Steve.  I will post more pics.  I primed the inside last night to prepare it for plasti dip.  I taped the crap out of it but somehow got a small amount of overspray on the top of the cap.  will mineral spirits work to get that out?

Thet ears should be the same location on both sides. You will not, nor should you, have a perfect seal between the ears and the bucket. Here are my MTK bucket build pics for ref

SQyhC5Y.jpg

. Hope this helps

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 5 months later...