Ukswrath's AM 1.0 build

ukswrath

This thread is exactly what I needed... Using this I was able to get more done in one night than I have been able to in weeks... Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:duim:  Excellent! Glad it helped out

• 1 month later...

Awesome job Tony. Can this get pinned for others to use as a model build thread. Well done

I'm all for it if there's enough interest and someone want's to PM the command staff  ;)

and Thank you  :D

• 2 months later...

Great thread as all the others by you that I've seen on here! I have read a lot of threads and not a lot of people specify how they are wearing the thighs. My understanding is a garter system is generally seen as better than attaching to the cod. Do you have photos of assembling that at all? Thank you!

Great thread as all the others by you that I've seen on here! I have read a lot of threads and not a lot of people specify how they are wearing the thighs. My understanding is a garter system is generally seen as better than attaching to the cod. Do you have photos of assembling that at all? Thank you!

Hey Luc, though I don't go into too much detail in this build, basically the garter system consists of two nylon straps connected the inner thigh armor then looped around a nylon waist belt with a buckle, seen here. Hope this helps

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31920-ukswraths-am-10-ata-bucket-build/?p=418702 

• 3 weeks later...

I really do appreciate someone doing a full build of the Anovos kit, and posting the build step by step. This will come in very handy, when i am able to get a kit.

My pleasure, and welcome to the FISD BTW!

Thanks Tony! Been lurking for quite some time, and been on the SLD boards for several years when i was finishing up my ESB Vader (Had to sell it all just at completion). I am so happy now that I know that I can become a TK for less than half of what I spent on the Vader, and still look AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks Tony! Been lurking for quite some time, and been on the SLD boards for several years when i was finishing up my ESB Vader (Had to sell it all just at completion). I am so happy now that I know that I can become a TK for less than half of what I spent on the Vader, and still look AWESOME!!!!!

haha OH YEA!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this Tony I've added this to my reference library. I took some liberties with the butt/joint cuts though I did 6.5mm-7.mm for the arms for a 13mm cover strip as I am a stringbean... acceptable?

Thanks for this Tony I've added this to my reference library. I took some liberties with the butt/joint cuts though I did 6.5mm-7.mm for the arms for a 13mm cover strip as I am a stringbean... acceptable?

:duim:  :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Tony,

Love this thread, I've found it very helpful. Thanks B)

Just a question about cover strips, have you found that the inner strips can make the outer a little uneven?

I found with my biceps, it worked perfectly.

But the join in the forarms came out a little uneven when gluing in the outer strip.

Maybe the pulling process with the ABS makes it a little thin and thicker in places. that would be a guess on my part.

I'm half considering doing the forarms again so the outside strips are more flush.

Edited by ARC

Hey Andrew thanks for the kudos brother :duim: .

Inner cover strips are not required. In this particular armor build it assisted in the assembly and gave the interior a cleaner interior look which the owner wanted. If inner cover strips hinder your ability to assembly the exterior correctly then by all means don't use them. I'm currently building a RT-Mod suit for a fellow garrison member and I won't be installing inner strip because they're not needed nor does the owner care about what the inside looks like.

Hope this helps 

Thanks Tony, I am a fan of clean lines. <br>

I might try it in reverse, outer first and do the inners after.<br><br>

Now to buy more glue... I ran out already