Disney's new E-11 Mod Build - My version

CFP214

Yeah for sure! That is definitely coming down the line.  I will probably modify a model so that it fits right over the current one with no hassle

Awesome! I would say this part is the "big tamale" of the whole build, and a nicely designed cover that still allows battery access will be amazing!

Edited by Astyanax

Yeah Im bringing laptop home this weekend so if I get some down time at night I can design something.  I would like to use the current battery compartment and just make this a simple cover that goes over it.  

stay tuned.  If anyone has other ideas, let me know and I can try to incorporate 

David, per Scott's build ideas, I would say anything you can come up with that accommodates rare earth magnets (say 12mm x 2mm rounds), so that the counter could be removed to access the battery panel and/or switch firing modes, is what I would call ideal.

I could imagine gluing a couple magnets on the outside of the blaster's existing battery cover (in the positions in the pic below), and then imagine similar circular recesses (maybe 14mm x 2mm deep) in the new counter in matching positions, into which similar magnets could be glued, thus allowing me to marry the two parts almost flush. To keep the counter from twisting, you would need to have two magnets on each side, so going with a smallish size of magnet (12mm x 2mm rounds are very common and cheap on eBay) could make for a nice matchup, in my opinion.

CZHQjtg.jpg

Not sure if everyone else concurs but Scott's magnet idea is inspired.

If you make such a part I WILL BUY IT (already got one of your barrel tips) :)

Bill

Sorry, correction to my post above. I just realized that if you glue magnets to the outside of the battery cover, the recesses in the new counter would have to be DOUBLE DEPTH (4mm), so that the magnets on the battery cover could protrude into the new counter and marry with the magnets in the counter that are extra deep. Otherwise the counter will not be flush with the blaster.

Hope that made sense. I can diagram it if you don't follow.

Bill

So sorry for spamming the thread, but I'm just continuing the thought here...

Maybe your counter will be best without any recesses, because I just realized I can use Forstner bits to cut my own recesses in whatever you make, thus accommodating any magnets I happen to have.

Nope, I think we might all be best off if you can come up with something that simply fits nice and flush, and then we can do our own magnet thing. :)

Thank you!

Bill

FYI the Disney counter is at least a few mm bigger LxW than a real one. For example, a real counter easily fits inside the scope's little lip which itself sits INside the white counter half. So it'd have to be oversized to hide the "stock" counter which might clash with the rest of the scale being undersized. Just thinking! Keep up the good work here and on there😎

Sorry, correction to my post above. I just realized that if you glue magnets to the outside of the battery cover, the recesses in the new counter would have to be DOUBLE DEPTH (4mm), so that the magnets on the battery cover could protrude into the new counter and marry with the magnets in the counter that are extra deep. Otherwise the counter will not be flush with the blaster.

Hope that made sense. I can diagram it if you don't follow.

Bill

Haha made sense don't worry.  I'm a mechanical engineer by trade so fortunately tech talk makes sense.  I hear ya on the flush magnets though and was thinking that idea as well.  

Scott's post about it being roughly the same size will also have to be considered.  So seems like a cover or a direct replacement is the only way to go

• 3 weeks later...

hey all! 

I noticed someone had tried to order the front sight and there were some wall thickness issues with the printer on Shapeways.  

I went in and fixed those issues so it should be good to order now.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I was on vacation last week with no computer access so took me some time.  If there is any other feedback on the parts let me know so I can go and make any model updates to fit the blaster's needs better

going to work on the counter as well this week so keep you posted.

• 6 months later...

Noticed that the scaled magazine wasn't available on Shapeways. Another user was telling me that the files were available for download. Is this true, so that I could perhaps have somebody local print the parts for me on the cheap? Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Very very new to this group so please forgive me if my question is dumb, but can you provide a link to the add-ons you printed and from what I understand are offering on Shapeways? Is it like the Doopydookit but for the Disney Parks E-11?

Doopy has not made a kit for the Disney blaster (so far). Some people have modified the regular Doopy kits to work with it, but it's a fair amount of effort. Edited by kman

• 1 month later...