Disney's new E-11 Mod Build - My version

CFP214

More parts printed today! I decided I wanted to change the weapon select lever (since its just a little nub in the plastic) so I might sand it down and connect it as the actual weapon select feature.  Just a thought! I was printing parts anyways so thought I would take a chance.  Anyway, here is what I have ready:

• Front Site
  • Blowback Shield
  • Weapon Select Lever
  • Scope Mod

3kGmMMW.jpg

Since there is a screw in the front site Im going to have to figure out where I can add another to hold it together.  This front site looks a lot better though so ill figure it out

Should be easy to add those. Front sight looks good, where does the other screw go?

The current front sight on the gun has a screw there that I will try to relocate I meant.  I want to knock that whole sight out so that screw boss will be gone.  So haven't decided where to add another screw but once I get it cut out I can determine if it is even needed.

Edited by dpav

On 5/17/2015 at 3:19 PM, charlesnarles said:

Actually I didn't realize your butterfly guard doesn't look quite right compared to pictures. I'd open it up s'more, it kinda flares out at the top.

Oh I see what you're saying about the screw

I think you're right.  I think I will attach it then use a dremel bit to flare it out.  Found this pic to go off (although there are plenty more online)

R6FmKPT.png

Pardon my inexperience everyone! This is a work in progress obviously so I welcome all tips and input! 

Also, I've been working on getting house fixed up so not much time to work on adding these parts lately.  Bare with me and I will have updates soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you looked into shapeways? You set up a "store" and provide them with the files. Then the customers order it for, your "store" at shapeways and they print it and ship it. Then you get your cut from shapeways. Just a thought.

Dpav where you still thinking of doing this and making the parts available to order?

Dpav where you still thinking of doing this and making the parts available to order?

Yes, sorry things have gotten a little busy lately.  re-doing a backyard will do that to ya.  Wish I could devote more time to this lately but other things come up.  

I will have an update in the coming week

• Like 1

Yes, sorry things have gotten a little busy lately.  re-doing a backyard will do that to ya.  Wish I could devote more time to this lately but other things come up.  

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

guys, i just joined & was reading up in preparation to build/ buy my own tk kit

came across this tutorial for the trooper gun & at this point i think this is the easiest way for me to get a E-11 (just buy & paint) :)

can anyone share where this ready made toy gun can be bought?

im in asia so it will be good if the shop can ship stuff international, or if any of the member who could be a able to help purchase (i can send the fees 1st) & help send them for me please :) that would be incredible

thanks

Edited by ltespeed

hey! I believe this is a Theme Park exclusive (so Disneyland, DisneyWorld...) but there are others who have purchased them over the phone with an 800 number.  

If anyone is privy to that info let us know!

• 4 weeks later...

Anything more? Just bought my DIsney E-11 today and was hoping to order the upgrade parts from you. 

I ordered one of these and am patiently waiting for it. Have the files been posted yet or still fine tuning them? I cannot wait to crack mine open and follow this build. Great job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They're up on ShapeWays. Nice little pieces that add a lot of missing deets

Appreciate it! Good stuff here. Dying to see the progress. I got mine in the mail today.

I hope he plans on adding the rest of the pieces. GREAT build he's got going on.

Yes I actually worked on it a little this week! I will grab some pics later on tonight and put them up.  

For those interested, here is a link to ShapeWays that has everything I have done so far as well as the power cell assembly

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dsy-e-11

I may put up the scaled Magazine assembly but I havent quite figure out how I am going to mount that yet.  There is the link though if anyone wants to check it out!

I noticed you don't have the d-ring and d-ring holder on Shapeways (yet). Will those be coming too? :)

Great work!

Bill

Just threw them up there for ya!

So for the D-Ring Mount, I did make it to fit the EndCap that is on Shapeways as well.  It will work on the stock Disney E-11 but if you are going for the EndCap that I modded to fit, it will fit nicely into the speaker recess.  

Also, put up the Scope mod that will allow you to cut the front off the scope and add the modification.  Will take a picture of what that looks like tonight.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dsy-e-11

Ok more stuff! So on Shapeways you will see the Scope Modded piece that will work to replace the front of the scope.  As shown here:

bJKC788.jpg

Pretty sure those screws I have in there are not the screen-accurate version but look pretty good for what I had laying around the garage! They will look better with paint and some weathering.  This mod is as simple as cutting the front scope right at the front where the respective stock piece sits.  Just realized though that I need to make that piece a little bigger...will modify and update Shapeways.

Next piece I have been tackling is the magazine.  I want to replace the entire thing because...its ugly, to be blunt.  so here is what I've got for it: 

iFpJGtp.jpg

It was printed in pieces and build up together quite nicely! I can provide the kit or I will try and make a solid assembly of them which would probably be a lot easier.  These models have been scaled to fit right onto the diameter of the barrel.  The idea is to cut away the current "magazine" and fit this right to the barrel in its place.  Here is a comparison:

PasDtrG.jpg

Going to do that mod one of these nights just to see how it goes.  On Shapeways youll see I posted a scaled Power Cell Assembly on there.  You'll see this fits nicely on top of the magazine as it should.  Doopy Doos power cells are probably good to use also, but just posting if anyone is interested.  They do have holes in the back as well in case you want to add the wires to them!

EBwKAxW.jpg

(gotta figure out a way to make these pics smaller...sorry.  just want you to see the detail, yeah that was it!)

Can't wait to see this thing painted black! Going to work on getting the magazine attached this weekend as well as sticking some glass in the scope.  If anyone has found a good T-Track for this Disney rifle yet let me know because I haven't gotten around to finding a good one yet.  

Not a huuuuge update but more to come soon with finalizing this areas.  Again, I will work on the magazine model and get it up on Shapeways.  Link is in my signature

• Like 1

Thanks for the pieces on shapeays. Will you do a version (or figure out how to) a piece that fits over the existing counter?

Yeah for sure! That is definitely coming down the line.  I will probably modify a model so that it fits right over the current one with no hassle