Disney's new E-11 Mod Build - My version

CFP214

Looks totally amazing. I'm gonna be going to Star Wars weekends very soon and will be picking up a couple of these blasters. Just wish I had the 3d printer to make these addons. Hopefully someone out there with one would be willing to print these off and sell them to those of us who don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the most I can do at this point is provide files to help others print them out.  My brother has a lower level 3D printer and I know the resolution not at this level.  You can sand them and paint those though so that could be an option I would be willing to do!  Let me see if I can get a sample of a part to compare and see if people would be interested.  It'd be a little more elbow grease on the sanding aspect but I think if it was in a kit, people might be interested.  Thoughts anyone? 

If so, I would put kits together and help people out!  Let me look into that since I would love to help other people make these mods. 

• Like 2

Yeah, the most I can do at this point is provide files to help others print them out.  My brother has a lower level 3D printer and I know the resolution not at this level.  You can sand them and paint those though so that could be an option I would be willing to do!  Let me see if I can get a sample of a part to compare and see if people would be interested.  It'd be a little more elbow grease on the sanding aspect but I think if it was in a kit, people might be interested.  Thoughts anyone? 

If so, I would put kits together and help people out!  Let me look into that since I would love to help other people make these mods. 

This would be splendid, I don't have a printer myself but I do know an amazing number of people WITH printers... B):smiley-sw013:

These parts look absolutely brilliant, by the way. I'm so glad I ordered one of the new E-11s! 

On 5/9/2015 at 5:08 AM, charlesnarles said:

Pretty clean there. Might have to do another of these with your kit. What are you gonna do about the hengstler counter?

Yeah idk man! That is part of the reason I haven't mentioned that yet.  I would love to add in a real counter and just branch off of the current electronics.  So here are my thoughts...

Since the current counter on the gun is pretty small, I want to see how the real one compares to the overall size.  If I can build the real one around it and use the weapon select button still, I may go with that.  Here is the model I am working from

S3vOfn4.png

Once I determine the size of the parts I need, I will proceed with it.  I want to add in the light bar effects so I think I might tackle that too.  Hate to cover up the one they made it with but lets be honest, its not quite replica-like.  So once I get the little details on the barrel done, I may work on the counter.  

If anyone has any thoughts on how to work this out let me know.  Open to suggestions

• Like 1

Yeah, the most I can do at this point is provide files to help others print them out. My brother has a lower level 3D printer and I know the resolution not at this level. You can sand them and paint those though so that could be an option I would be willing to do! Let me see if I can get a sample of a part to compare and see if people would be interested. It'd be a little more elbow grease on the sanding aspect but I think if it was in a kit, people might be interested. Thoughts anyone?

If so, I would put kits together and help people out! Let me look into that since I would love to help other people make these mods.

Yeah I'd be down for one of your kits. A little sanding is much better than buying a 3d printer lol

http://www.makexyz.com/ lets you find local people with a 3D printer who can print stuff for you.

Thanks for that link. Dpav could you post the info on the printer your using so we could know if the ones listed on that site are gonna be able to meet your quality. When your done of course and if your brothers printer isn't up to the task. I'd rather reward you for your work than a random person.

Edited by Tom

Thanks for that link. Dpav could you post the info on the printer your using so we could know if the ones listed on that site are gonna be able to meet your quality. When your done of course and if your brothers printer isn't up to the task. I'd rather reward you for your work than a random person.

Yeah definitely!  Like I said, once I get the gun completed and see what parts need to be printed I can set it up as a kit and offer them up and post the files so people can have their pick.  As of now I only have a few pieces but hoping to complete the printed portion in a few weeks so I can have a better idea of what will be needed.  Printer I am using at the moment is an Objet Eden260VS

Currently, I have the nozzle being printed (identical to mine) with the other printer so we will see how they compare.  Ill post pics of them both but based on the printers I saw on that site, it should be up to par.  I'll get those up soon so you know what you can expect in regards to kits

Edited by dpav
  • Like 1

I ordered a nozzle from Shapeways.com for like $9 and its finish (metallic plastic) is perfect for Sterling parts. Only thing is that it's hollow, but still about a mm thick everywhere. Extremely sharp resolution too, just by looking (don't know the specs but it's on their website). There's a plethora 😎 of choices once we get the files. Exciting business.

Edited by charlesnarles

Yeah, the most I can do at this point is provide files to help others print them out. My brother has a lower level 3D printer and I know the resolution not at this level. You can sand them and paint those though so that could be an option I would be willing to do! Let me see if I can get a sample of a part to compare and see if people would be interested. It'd be a little more elbow grease on the sanding aspect but I think if it was in a kit, people might be interested. Thoughts anyone?

If so, I would put kits together and help people out! Let me look into that since I would love to help other people make these mods.

Have you looked into shapeways? You set up a "store" and provide them with the files. Then the customers order it for, your "store" at shapeways and they print it and ship it. Then you get your cut from shapeways. Just a thought.

I ordered a nozzle from Shapeways.com for like $9 and its finish (metallic plastic) is perfect for Sterling parts. Only thing is that it's hollow, but still about a mm thick everywhere. Extremely sharp resolution too, just by looking (don't know the specs but it's on their website). There's a plethora of choices once we get the files. Exciting business.

Yeah the nozzle you showed in your build looks really good! I'm going to look into Shapeways as well so it can provide a quick easy way for people to simply order the whole kit and get to work modding these new blasters.  At least that way we would know that the pieces all fit and the print quality would be good.  Good tip Allan1313, I think since people are looking to buy kits, this could provide a good way of doing so.  

Idk if any Admins are watching this thread at all, but please PM me if this would be acceptable once my kit is all made up.  Im new to the site I don't want to step on any toes

• Like 2

Haven't sought opinions since I'm not done, I think once we have a complete and painted example we could all post pics in a "what say yee?" thread about them and the higher ups can chime in

Yeah I'm down man sounds good to me. Until then, I'll keep posting pics and ideas. Thanks for all the input so far!

• Like 1

Got to get some of those pieces on this weekend! First part I wanted to put on was the endcap.  Had to diameter correct so just had to test it.  Time to cut:

TFzNVDG.jpg

Decided just to use a small hacksaw to cut the plastic to give me a little more control.  cut the end off of both of the blaster halves. On the half with the speaker, be sure to remove that before you start cutting away at the stock endcap.

xZvfVB2.jpg

Once Cut, I cleaned up the edges with some 220grit sandpaper and they were good to go.  As you can see, The speaker now sits flush to the but of the gun where that cap used to be.  Time to assemble and test fit

Xp2CiJU.jpg

jgQIMES.jpg

rNnJlMR.jpg

Fit is good! nice and snug and once I assemble it after painting, I will put some epoxy on it so it stays in place.  Next part I wanted to put on was the front nozzle mod.  To do this, I had to cut the current nozzle off of the gun.  Since there is a clear plastic piece on each half of the gun, you want to be sure to remove that and cut the nozzle off of those seperately.  See below for details.  I also wanted to take them out of the gun just to make it easier to cut.  The side with the electronics, you have to take off the PCBA prior to removing the clear pieces.  to do that is just one screw hiding beneath the wires.  See below

RRmKUQ0.jpg

GO0CD5k.jpg

And to cut away the nozzle:

OCI0MM1.jpg

Then just re-assemble.  Now for the nozzle of the gun, grabbed the hacksaw again and went to work and again cleaned up the edges with sandpaper when done.  You'll see below also that I had to cut the nozzle down just just the front part where it sticks out of the barrel.  This allows it to look flush to the gun and give it the look we want.  Its a bit short so I am going to change the model and maybe print another so it comes out better.  While that is printing, going to track down the bolts I can epoxy in and it should be good to go.  

S3WxlsT.jpg

rqhfpNv.jpg

Think that is all for now.  Going to go in the model and see what I can print next.  I think the next mod will be making the T-Tracks correct and drilling the remaining holes in the barrel.  Let me know what you think so far

• Like 2

Parts look pretty good. Might wanna keep a few good screenshots of a real modded Sterling for placement reference; the nozzle is supposed to be behind the folded stock screw/rivet, and the butt cap is supposed to almost touch the stick catch, so good job improving it. Won't need your back iron sight insert since the scope rail fills the space instead, or are you doing the rail variation seen on the Hasbro toys?

Edited by charlesnarles

Parts look pretty good. Might wanna keep a few good screenshots of a real modded Sterling for placement reference; the nozzle is supposed to be behind the folded stock screw/rivet, and the butt cap is supposed to almost touch the stick catch, so good job improving it. Won't need your back iron sight insert since the scope rail fills the space instead, or are you doing the rail variation seen on the Hasbro toys?

Looks like I am going to work on cutting down the back of the barrel a little more to get the endcap to the correct location.  Should have looked more closely at the replica so thanks for that!

For the rail, I haven't decided what to do with that yet.  I want to put a different rail on it since the one on there now is now good.  Plus, I want to do an overhaul on the scope they provide.  I guess I am not familiar with the rail variation you are referring to...are you talking about where people hollow it out?  I prefer to make it like the Doopy conversion rail (or better if I can)

You can probably leave the cap alone, it's pretty close and let's the speaker be in its original housing. But then again you have 3d powers so make it a perfect 83% scale replica of you want😎

For the rail I meant like this:

http://stormtrooperguy.com/ultimateE11/

where it doesn't connect to the rear sight, instead there's a downward 90 degree bend just before the sight and they bolt it to the tube. I'm starting to think that each screen used E11 was unique in some way😄

For the rail I meant like this:

http://stormtrooperguy.com/ultimateE11/

where it doesn't connect to the rear sight, instead there's a downward 90 degree bend just before the sight and they bolt it to the tube. I'm starting to think that each screen used E11 was unique in some way

Ah ok yeah this is what I thought you meant.  Certainly does seem that way, there are so many ways to do things out there.  I am going to bend up some steal for the rail I think so I may go into the rear iron sight, I may not.  What're you thinkin for yours?