Question about Hytektoyz Voice changer & Mic placement

The helmet i have hyteck is not 501st standard. I need a new bucket with new hovies

May I suggest ATA helmet  :jc_doublethumbup:. Not to be bias most of the vetted armorers have very nice helmets.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, coming back to you after installing everything and getting the Rom FX.

The volume on the Hovi mic isn't as loud as I expected but that is not my main issue.

The problem is the feedback. I am using the mic from Rom FX kit and the Hovic Mic (which are of a stellar quality build IMO and well worth the price). Unfortunately, I have a massive feedback which make them unusable. So I ended up using the chest mount speaker from Rom FX but I'll like to know find a way to use the Hovic, so much more convenient.

Should I change the microphone ? I obviously cannot sparate the mic and the microphone more far from each other than they are now. So your tips will be really appreciated guys !

Many thanks in advance

I have thr rom/FX also with my mic tips. I also use a omni directional mic, I don't have any any problems with feedback or other. Regarding volume the speakers in the Hovis are 15mm (1/2") where a chest type speaker may be 1-1/2" - 2"+ there's going to be a hugh difference in volume outout.

Send me a PM and we can talk about the feedback issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Finally got my first voice changer and amplifier (hytechtoyz). But since I unbowed it last night, it's been nothing but a problem. They microphone & or the voice changer box does not work at all. Then the amplifier box did work, until I decided to see how to mount it in my helmet. After that the wires to the battery were ripped out of the socket. <br><br>

I contacted the seller for a refund or new set. Looking to see what he has to say about it.

The hytechtoyz was the first one I purchased for my first kit years ago.  I was not impressed, to say the least, and replaced it after the first troop.