Clamping Nylon Snap Plates

In order to avoid putting any clamping force on the snap itself,(debate on weather or not E6000 and metal snap and clamping can warp your ABS plastic), I came up with some clamping buddies.

1 1/2" square wooden blocks with 5/8" hole in center.

Just make sure the wooden block is thicker than the highest point of the snap and that the center hole is larger than the snap itself.

KRhtmHx.jpg

Put a small piece of duct tape over the back of the snap, apply glue and start clamping the nylon without putting any force on the metal snap.

mNo0iQ2.jpg

I was following some advice from a fellow trooper in an earlier post and was aiming for the better safe than sorry outcome. I was trying to figure out how to clamp the nylon evenly without putting all the pressure on the highest point (the snap). I was pretty happy with the way the snap plates laid in all nice and flat.

• Like 1

I like to youse E6000 because you can pull it off and try again.

Good idea here for getting a tight even pressure on the nylon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive never had a snap get damaged because of clamping.

I used Shoe Goo instead of E6000. Holds as strong if not stronger, peels off just as easy, is 100 times less smelly and sets/dries a little quicker than E6000. 

Edited by HansDC