AP Armour with ANH Centurion as Goal - Build Thread

On another note, looking at the two versions of TKs side by side the classic looks like the little brother to the TFA instead of the opposite lol  :D

That's only a matter of how tall is the guy in the armor:

11159510.jpg

The blasters look like converted E-11. Hengstler on the wrong side, same for the mag well (if there's one), ...

That's only a matter of how tall is the guy in the armor:

11159510.jpg

The blasters look like converted E-11. Hengstler on the wrong side, same for the mag well (if there's one), ...

so true, so true

I'm almost positive they're the new Disney E-11 blasters with the stun setting, painted white.  They were used at Celebration I think, just for fun.  

This is correct, they are both the Disney blasters (with stun setting option) custom painted as a stand by until proper TFA E-11s are produced. 

Long weekend in Niagara Greg.  There has been talk of me taking my pics today/night.  I guess I better get on it . . . . thought I might rest on these here laurels for a while, but I'm just being lazy.

TO EIB AND BEYOND!!

• Like 2

Long weekend in Niagara Greg.  There has been talk of me taking my pics today/night.  I guess I better get on it . . . . thought I might rest on these here laurels for a while, but I'm just being lazy.

TO EIB AND BEYOND!!

I didn't really give him a choice. HE was pretty much told to get his butt out to NFCC to help out! Soooo it's on me that he has not already gotten the EIB off the ground until today. 

• Like 2

Another update!

I put some velcro on the back of my boots to stop scuffing and in the front of my boots and the front of my shins to stop rotation . . . 

2015-05-26%2010.18.00_zpsd3ggvneu.jpg

2015-05-26%2010.17.26_zpswqr8rnmc.jpg

2015-05-26%2010.17.37_zps2turonj2.jpg

Hi there!

So... Does it work with the velcro to prevent the greaves from spinning?  I'd be interested in doing the same.

Thanks

Hi there!

So... Does it work with the velcro to prevent the greaves from spinning? I'd be interested in doing the same.

Thanks

Yeah it does.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep, made all the difference in the world. Some people put the Velcro on the material tabs used to pull the boots on, but I dont think that will work as well, and would be really hard to push down/together. The Velcro on the back is just for protection.

Edited by MechaPumpkin

Okay everyone, don't want you all to think I forgot all about this thread.

I completed EIB (Yaaay!) and have now just submitted my Centurion application.

I thought I would post some pics of the evil notch I cut . . . 

2015-06-19%2017.43.58_zpsongaeimf.jpg

2015-06-19%2017.56.49_zpsjpwpntb1.jpg

2015-06-19%2017.58.45_zpsq1ptuxap.jpg

So I've been weeping for several hours and have finally come to accept it.  For the record, it is 22mm in from each edge.

Lastly i wanted to post some pics of my paint details cleaned up a little.  As Gazmosis mentioned earlier in my build, there is a difference between hand painted and messy.  Mine wasn't too bad (see earlier in the thread), but there was room for improvement.  I did a little work on it (and I may do more), so here's what it looks like now . . . 

2015-06-16%2011.43.40_zps6mu4fagq.jpg

2015-06-16%2011.44.42_zpssgw7ygwa.jpg

2015-06-16%2011.44.23_zpsi77i2iyb.jpg

Also, it's not in the CRLs, but for Centurion they really prefer if you actually look like you're from space . . . 

2015-06-19%2013.40.11_zpslqkd7j6s.jpg

(okay, not really)

Anyway, if I left out any details, feel free to PM me, but better yet, if you don't mind, ask me here on the thread.  If I left something out I'd like to post it for others to see as well.

Bye for now!

Edited by MechaPumpkin

Hey Trooper!

I tried with the helmet padding (similar to the ones you installed here)

2015-05-05%2016.42.13_zpsurytbpuu.jpg

Oddly enough, it doesn't work for me. I also have an AP build. But I realized my eyes naturally are leveled with the eyes. As soon as I put one pad on the top (inside), my eyes won't go higher than the nose of the helmet. So unless my pads are much thicker than yours, I guess I got them for nothing :(

You didn't have a problem with them?

Hardhat liner might work better. That's what I use in my bucket and it sits perfectly so I can see out the eyes.

I've been having a little trouble lining up my hardhat liner, any tips? Blue tape just isn't cooperating

If the bucket is so small that you can't wear pads, then just line it with something soft. If its too big for just lining it, use a couple pads. If its right in between, wear a balaclava with a bandana underneath for cushioning. There's always a way.