Submission%20Photos%20-18_zpsegvqhswj.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-16_zpst4lxlvbg.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-14_zpsdna1jdzq.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-15_zpsvbwuj0ez.jp

DSC00194_zpst9bqxihc.jpg

Submission%20Photos%20-20_zpsw3hsr2kc.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-21_zpskqxan4cp.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-22_zpsg0k6ckb9.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-37_zpsuctqfuol.jpSubmission%20Photos%20-36_zps0adxfxlk.jp

***Updated right calf photo

Edited by Zarlon

The Body:

Submission%20Photos%20-64_zps3q4eegkt.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-39_zpskjpb0hvv.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-65_zpsotra21nq.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-66_zpsdhdjttpi.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-40_zpssdaezdcm.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-41_zps35fu5pzb.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-44_zpsjz8vmojr.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-45_zpsj2ik8nht.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-43_zpsmkwhzbj6.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-42_zpsdocy5yxz.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-56_zpsa9a5lrzj.jp

***Updated cod photo

Edited by Zarlon

The Blaster and TD:

Submission%20Photos%20-61_zpsmj9qkwjh.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-54_zpsc953qgka.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-58_zpsb5esviua.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-57_zpsd3rx1ymg.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-59_zpsqtjjojv8.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-60_zpsiw3xfvrc.jp

***Updated TD screw photo

Edited by Zarlon

Awesome armor, and great build! One comment I have is that the cod looks sort of untrimmed, with the outward facing return edge around the leg openings.  Other than that itty bitty detail, this is a costume to emulate!  (In my non-501st, still building opinion.)

Oh, one other thing that might get dinged, the right calf armor (without the sniper plate) looks like the rear cover strip is attached to the inside piece.  I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not, but it might be.  Wait until someone with some flair speaks up before changing it.

I concur! Great looking build! Love the hand painted job on the helmet, looks very good and detailed. The above note is correct - on your right shin, you will want that opening to overlap to the inside- not the outside.

A few small easy fixes- at some point you'll want to use flat head screws on your TD, not Phillips. I read that you were struggling with the back plate sticking out to far away from your back. This may not resolve it but it might help: you left a LOT of return edge on the top of your cod piece. This, making he armor stand away from your body on the front - doesn't allow the chest piece to lay flat- which makes you have to compensate by pushing it backwards. Leaving a lot of space on the back plate

Now if you move it all forward a little it might make how the back plate and kidney piece come together change- butttttttt- it might be worth a try.

Excellent build- it's a great feeling to get it al suited up for the first time!!

Good catch on the right shin cover strip. I can't believe I did that. It's been fixed and the glue is drying. For the slot head screws on the TD, I actually found some at a friends house tonight so I'll be installing them tomorrow. I will also take a look at the trimming suggestions you both gave as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks guys! I did a little more trimming this morning and officially submitted my photos to the GML. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

The TD has been fixed as well. Those screws are black but they come out lighter on the photo due to the sun.

Submission%20Photos%20-61_zpsmj9qkwjh.jp

Hey at least I give him a smile and and a thumbs up if I do lol.

Great job as always Kyle. Looking forward to seeing you and Jason both in the ranks.  :D  :jc_doublethumbup:  lol

Everyone is blazing by in their builds. I'm getting things down slowly because life, kids, and money. I did manage to buy some expensive MP40 leather and canvas pouches last week. Think my wife is going to kill me when I ask to start my second build, whether that's a TK or TFA TK. 

Everyone is blazing by in their builds. I'm getting things down slowly because life, kids, and money. I did manage to buy some expensive MP40 leather and canvas pouches last week. Think my wife is going to kill me when I ask to start my second build, whether that's a TK or TFA TK. 

If it's any consolation it's not a race. Take your time as you're doing. The only reason mine is blazing is because I've built before, I mentor others and I'm not behind the learning curve as with most. With that said I had to go back and trim the armor to fit the owner which has taken me a bit longer than expected.

Little word of advice regarding the wife, buy her something non-Star Wars related, take her out to dinner, something to get her mind off the whitezone that's turning into the bottomless pit lol

• Like 1

Kyle, I think you're being too hard on yourself. I think you've done a fantastic job and you should be proud of what you've created. Don't be like Russell and nit pick too much or Tony will start busting your chops lol. 

Thanks Jason! It's hard not to nit pick when you can see every little mistake that most others probably don't even recognize.

Overall, I am really proud of this build! I still can't believe I did it. I am the least "handy" person you might find. Every home improvement project I try is a mess so I was worried about this one from the beginning.

...and Tony can bust my chops all day long! He's a big reason I haven't gone insane :)

• Like 1

Take your time and do it right. I probably could have finished mine a lot faster but when I felt myself wanting to take a shortcut I'd try and remember that the journey is a big part of the fun. 

I agree. I've been working on mine since the end of March. I just do a little at a time and mostly now it's waiting on stuff to come in the mail or ordering more things. I've done my tube stripes 3 times now haha. 

Did you start a build thread Jason?

I agree. I've been working on mine since the end of March. I just do a little at a time and mostly now it's waiting on stuff to come in the mail or ordering more things. I've done my tube stripes 3 times now haha. 

Tube stripes are the devil!

Great Job Kyle!!!

You shouldn't have any problem getting approved, and from the looks of it, you can definatley get EIB as well!

I should be submitting my pics to the GML here soon....I love seeing all the new TK's finishing up around the same time!

Good luck (even though you don't need it :P )