Phoenix Props ESB E-11 Pipe Build

Berbs42

So, I've started my build...

Wanted to get it done by Celebration.

This will be one of the stunt versions.

I have made one glaring mistake so far and placed the scope way too far back for the version I'm trying to go for.

i7DPz8g.jpg

XH46UjF.jpg

As mentioned in the order thread, the box was battered, but the kit was packed extremely well and was intact!

Pxj7KOS.jpg

(I have a different trigger inbound from Derrek)

I picked up a Folding Stock, Trigger Assembly and Grip, and considering the heft they will add, I'll most likely use the Folding Stock on a second build (ANH most likely), and may eventually replace what I have here as far as the Trigger and Grip go. I'd like to use the real trigger for the Skyone / Khazid Mod here eventually as well.

Wanted to get an idea where some of the parts oughta go so I test-fit the folding stock in the notch on the barrel and used this for pic as a reference later:

iZqILCv.jpg

So after a few days, here's where I was this morning:

oIoOqEX.jpg

Will post more soon.

- Berbs

• Like 2

Looks very interesting, Chris.

If possible, could you add some more detailed shots? You made quite a big jump from the picture with all parts spread on the table to your current progress :)

Very curious on how this build will evolve...

Berbs,

Great news, and glad to see your build started!

The full size triggers are in the mail to you now.

Before installing the folding stock, don't forget that "signature" barrel cut near the muzzle if you want to go replica.

blaste10.jpg

Edit: This cut shouldn't be on every Sterling, i'm just saying it should be there for that particular e-11 replication.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

Before installing the folding stock, don't forget that "signature" barrel cut near the muzzle if you want to go replica.

This cut isn't in everyone, I know the one I converted did not have it.

• Like 1

More Pics...

I still have some Resin Completion Set parts coming as well as an Accurate Trigger.

PcJHRsH.jpg

Test Fit!

WEKg3f4.jpg

kQJgjk6.jpg

Here's where I snapped the tab on the aluminum, so it's glued down. But I need a new Rail anyway since the scope is so far back.

P67OV2j.jpg

Shaved down the sides here so it would fit in nice and snug... Only needed a few small drops of e-6000

K9UOT0F.jpg

I5IlL4d.jpg

Used a screw in place of the part on the folding stock that locks into place.

TQFZOQZ.jpg

m8R1C1n.jpg

ma0J7wn.jpg

5Ki8v4s.jpg

2exXKWt.jpg

OhDSwuU.jpg

- Berbs

Coming along!  I am not an ESB expert so forgive;  is the scope too far back, or do they fluctuate?  In looking at the screen pics and your last, looks like it could move forward some?  

He said that he made a mistake and put the scope too far back. IT is very very far back :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...