TK-11721 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [MC]

Pete Hague

Dewback Ridge Garrison

Armor: MonCal

Helmet: MonCal

Blaster: DVH 2013 resin pipe build

EIB Thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29381-tk-11721-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-mc428/

Height: 5’10â€

Weight: 155

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: self-made

Hand Plates: Sonnenchein

Electronics: none

Neck Seal: self-made

Holster: TK Bondservnt

CENT-Full-HelmetOff_zpsacouk2kc.jpg

CENT-Full-Front_zpsulpqkmss.jpg

CENT-Full-Back_zps6vbjgbxw.jpg

CENT-Full-RightSide_zps2sngvdut.jpg

CENT-Full-RightSideDetail_zpsqqucfmjc.jp

CENT-Full-LeftSide_zpscgetfnqp.jpg

CENT-Full-LeftSideDetail_zps3dc0sokf.jpg

CENT-ShoulderDetail_zpsqoazftgu.jpg

CENT-InternalStrapping_zps86xfkasm.jpg

CENT-UpperAbSnap_zps8fvn80k9.jpg

CENT-KidneyNotch_zpsx1xdewso.jpg

CENT-CodAttachment_zpskfaclipx.jpg

CENT-AbDetail_zpsl5ib5cww.jpg

CENT-GauntEdge_zpslvwujhis.jpg

CENT-LeftShin_zpsklyfmbeo.jpg

CENT-ThighPack_zpsxohwg75x.jpg

CENT-Boots_zpstpqhc52d.jpg

CENT-Gloves_zpsdtexyuqc.jpg

CENT-DetonatorDetail_zpsaahaytee.jpg

CENT-BeltHolster_zpsszbgatet.jpg

CENT-DropBoxBack_zpskl7hywuf.jpg

CENT-Blaster_zpsbg3jqhl6.jpg

CENT-NeckSeal_zpszwj4nzk9.jpg

CENT-Helmet-Front_zpstzluquqh.jpg

CENT-Helmet-Side_zps810i7tff.jpg

CENT-Helmet-Back_zps6rkzmofq.jpg

CENT-Helmet-GreenLenses_zpsgjnhxkyl.jpg

CENT-Helmet-STrim_zps4q7c8jlw.jpg

CENT-MicTips_zps8xohmv3s.jpg

CENT-ActionShot1_zpslabnlaio.jpg

Edited by Robo Tarot

Hey Peter, looks great, think you are missing a shot of your thigh and battery pack attachment. Good luck with your application

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey there Pete!! Thank you for your application for Centurion. I know you have done some changes and upgrades to get to this point and I thank you for that. So let's take get to it. 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted. 

In regards to the aspects of the Centurion badge, we have a few things to discuss:

First I wanted to touch on the wrist opening of your forearms. They are not supposed to have any return edge. This includes into the square indent ridge as seen here:post-12041-0-38124400-1425833964_thumb.jpg I am concerned about this detail on YOUR forearms with the first square indent being so close to the opening. Typically, this is not the case. I would like to see no return edge at all here, but if it means cutting into that first indent, then you can just leave it. 

Second. Prior to every write up, I jot down a ton of notes so I won't forget to type anything up. Well.........I wrote this point in my notes by never added it to the "Centurion Suggestions" section of your EIB application. This has to do with the trap and tear decals on your helmet. These must be hand painted or use the "hand painted" look decals. 

Note: the Centurion Suggestion section of EIB applications is provided as a guide for certain details. The trooper is ultimately responsible for the details on his/her armor.

We will need to talk in depth regarding this next topic.

Centurion badges require the application of many additional specific details to be present on a trooper's armor. As a result, there are many more required photos to show things that might not appear clearly on EIB applications.

In reviewing the pics of the wrist side of your forearm for the return edge topic, I am seeing evidence of overlap construction.post-12041-0-85600100-1425834700_thumb.jpg

When I went back to review your EIB application regarding the helmet decals, I spotted evidence in your bicep as well.post-12041-0-71137100-1425834845_thumb.jpg

It is unfortunate, but all two piece armor parts (Biceps, greaves, thighs and forearms)must be constructed by the butt joint coverstrip method on ANH and ESB armors. Overlap construction is not allowed.

I hope I am just seeing things. Please provide some additional photographs of the interior of these parts so I can clearly see which type of construction you used. IF it is overlap, Just let me know.

It is indeed overlap. I started constructing my armor in September of 2013. I may be mistaken, but the joining method required for Centurion was changed at the beginning of 2014?  I wasn't sure if there would be any kind of retroactive exceptions and I understand if this keeps me from acquiring Centurion. It is about the utmost accuracy, after all!

I do not have a build thread. I can share the shipping invoice on the day I received my armor (I started assembly the day after) as well as the date I was approved to be in the legion (March of 2014, I believe). 

Edited by Robo Tarot

Hey Pete, looking good sir. The overlap is not a deal breaker if you have the time, resources and most importantly the patience to rebuild the sections needed for Centurion. I converted an FX suit that uses overlap, to butt and strip. If you are interested I would be delighted to help you. 

Edited by ukswrath

The CRL change regarding overlap construction was made well over a year ago. A certain grace period is allowed for a short time after a CRL change, but because of the time that has already passed, any armor, regardless of when it was bought/built will need to recognize this build method. This doesn't mean in any way, Pete, that you should not be proud of your armor. It is EIB certified, you look fantastic and anyone in your Garrison should be proud to troop beside you. I would not look at this as a setback or a disappointment.

Thank you, Tony, for the willingness to help! I don't think I will tackle that task with this particular set of armor, as it is all assembled with CA glue, not E6000, and will most likely do more damage than good!

There is always the possibility that I can attempt to sell my current build and hit up Cal and company for another set to start over with, keeping current Centurion requirements in mind! That is, if I can resolve myself to the fact that I would be armorless for a while!

Steve, I appreciate the consideration and approach to handling submissions. That process can't be easy, but you handle it very well and in an encouraging manner! It is, no doubt, a bummer that I will not be Centurion at this time, but I see myself going for a round 2 in the future. For now I'll attempt to quell my obsession and have fun trooping!! 

• Like 1

Thank you, Tony, for the willingness to help! I don't think I will tackle that task with this particular set of armor, as it is all assembled with CA glue, not E6000, and will most likely do more damage than good!

There is always the possibility that I can attempt to sell my current build and hit up Cal and company for another set to start over with, keeping current Centurion requirements in mind! That is, if I can resolve myself to the fact that I would be armorless for a while!

Steve, I appreciate the consideration and approach to handling submissions. That process can't be easy, but you handle it very well and in an encouraging manner! It is, no doubt, a bummer that I will not be Centurion at this time, but I see myself going for a round 2 in the future. For now I'll attempt to quell my obsession and have fun trooping!! 

:duim: