My Finished E-11 Blaster

Dougal

I figured I would put this in the proper section now that I have finished. This is a standard Doopydoos kit with some upgrades. Thanks goes to Blue Snaggletooth for my Hengster counter and m38 scope. Thank you Evilboy for my one piece scope rail. Thank you Gazmosis for your clip. Thank you Karin for your end cap ring. Thank you to all the builders before me that inspired me to finish mine! My own garrison mate DM101, Dark CMF, Gazmosis, T-Jay, OsotheBear, SIMPixel, I could go on and on... Your builds were all used at one point or another, Thank you!!

Hopefully very soon I will add a PlayfulWolfCub power cylinder and I still need to finish my sight, but other then those two things it is ready to go. I hope you like!!!

Edited by Dougal
  • Like 1

Special thank you to Steve/Gazmosis for his folding stock upgrade idea. I loved adding this to my blaster! I did attach it differently then you did but the idea was yours and awesome.

I used sex bolts and grommets that I filed to shape. This is how they looked from the hardware store -

FN0FWUg.jpg

A grommet was filed and put on each end to fill the gap and hold the sex bolt in place. The sex bolt was the perfect length no adjustment needed beyond adding the grommets on each end.

Great work! That is a very nice blaster.

Will you be able to fit the central part of the front sight now that the outer part is glued tough? Or maybe you're planning to do the dovetail cut?

Oh and don't let the grip screw on the "Free" position! Basically this screw secures the pin that prevents all the trigger mechanism to be removed from the body of the gun, you don't want to lose that pin in a middle of a fight ;)

• Like 1

Hi Carl, thanks for the flowers ;) and yes, you made a beautiful blaster there. Glad to see you separated the front sight. Take you time with this...

@ Germain (The5thHorseman): yes, he can install the front sight later. I did it the same way.

Just one thing: the brass screw head in your grip should get some black (or steel grey) paint. Not sure where you have seen this, but in my build I used a brass screw only because of the correct shape - not the color.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 2

Great work! That is a very nice blaster.

Will you be able to fit the central part of the front sight now that the outer part is glued tough? Or maybe you're planning to do the dovetail cut?

Oh and don't let the grip screw on the "Free" position! Basically this screw secures the pin that prevents all the trigger mechanism to be removed from the body of the gun, you don't want to lose that pin in a middle of a fight ;)

Thank you Germain!!!

Yes, after seeing Bulldog's dovetail mod I decided I would eventually use his idea. I honestly am going to take that mod the slowest just to make sure I do it right. Phenomenal idea I just hope I have the skills to not screw it up. As you can see I "cheated" often and used real parts instead of sick mods that I could only dream of completing. This was my first build and I do have a second Doopydoos kit ready to build so maybe I will experiment more on that one when it comes to more mods. As for the brass screw... I considered that my first screw up lol. I noticed I glued that in the free position literally minutes after it was glued but was afraid to try to fix it. Minor flaw lol!!!

Edited by Dougal

Hi Carl, thanks for the flowers ;) and yes, you made a beautiful blaster there. Glad to see you separated the front sight. Take you time with this...

@ Germain (The5thHorseman): yes, he can install the front sight later. I did it the same way.

Just one thing: the brass screw head in your grip should get some black (or steel grey) paint. Not sure where you have seen this, but in my build I used a brass screw only because of the correct shape - not the color.

Thanks Tino!!

Yes, I definitely will take my time with the sight mod!! I am going to slowly make the sight part first and then and only then will I measure my dovetail cut out. Actually scares me thinking about cutting it out already lmao!!!

As for the brass screw, I will add some wash and paint to darken it up so as though it's not so shiny. I did use a matte finish to protect the paint job but just touching it up still works it just may have to be touched up every so often because there is nothing protecting the newly touched up area. Thanks again!!!!

I do have a question. I have seen some Hengster counters with a single brass screw on the top off the counter. Is that something I should add? I do believe I was given a spare screw from blue Snaggletooth for that purpose but I was not sure.

Hi Dougal,

The screw is to fix the plastic cover of the counter.

There is one screw on the top and one at the bottom. Check the pics of my unpainted Hengster in my gallery: http://www.novakdimon.de/Novak%20Dimon%C2%B4s%20E11/Hengstler%20Counter/index.html

Cheers

Christian

So you drilled the stock hinge point all the way through? Gutsy!! Great result, though!

Yep. Started small and just kept changing drill bits until I had the right diameter hole to fit my sex bolt. Thank you Steve!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Dougal

Great work, Carl!! It is quite beautiful, excellent, excellent, excellent!

Don't be afraid of drilling holes in a Doopydoos kit. Don't ever be afraid. LoL. ;)

• Like 1