Snap-Loop to hold the Shins

Hello my fellow troopers. Today I just want to share some building-experience even if I do not know whether the style of this solution was posted at some time before.

Many of us know the common problem of the shinguards moving and sliding over the boots. Some tried to avoid the sliding by applying some padding on the inside of the shins, others tried some Velcro to connect the shins an the boots to handle with that issue.

I tried both – padding and Velcro – but without achieving the result that I was looking for. I recently talked to Felice and he told me about someone who posted a different solution here. That guy – whoever it was – glued some flexible textile from the left side of the shin to the right side of the shin to create a loop. So when the shoe is been put on, you first get it through that loop within the shin. That means the shin will always been pulled downward to the shoe.

Fine idea so far. But I wondered how difficult it might get to put the shins on nearly the same time you put on your shoes – with the thighs already installed. That appeared to me to become a little tricky and I was thinking about a solution that will allow to keep sequence of the dressing the same.

And here is my solution:

I2biM6v.jpg

I just fixed some snaps on a flexible textile strap on both ends. Then I took some measurements of my feet and legs to find the correct position to glue the other side of the snaps (installed with a small piece of ABS) on the inside of the shins.

DK8g0xr.jpg

If I put the armor on, I can easily keep the sequence with the thighs first followed by the shoes (with the snap-textile under the sole of the foot).

6hcUr9R.jpg

Then I take the shinguards and do up the buttons on the inside to connect them with the textile. Voila. I got the same effect as with the glued loops but with a lot more comfort in dressing.

LtriOcs.jpg

I first tested the Solutions on sunday while trooping and it worked out very fine.

Hope you liked that little report and it will be of some use to you.

Best regards from Frankfurt/Germany

Marc

• Like 3

That's called "stirrups"

Stirrup pants, a form of leggings with a strap beneath the arch of the foot

You actual problem is the shafts of your boots are too short. But whatever works for you. ;)

That's called "stirrups"

You actual problem is the shafts of your boots are too short. But whatever works for you. ;)

no actual suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

A simple solution has been offered before. put velcro at the front of the boot. and on the inside of the shin.

A simple solution they had already tried if you read the post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

These boots I am wearing at the moment are just some "stand-in"-boots by now - the good ones are on their way ... But for the Moment they do fine ...

And yes, I guess Felice meant the "stirrups". But as long as I have not found an exact german word for it, it has proven to be difficult to find an english translation :lol:

What I like about this solution is the comfort of the snaps versus a permanent installation of the stirrups - especially in terms of dressing

Edited by Paggeldiwwer

I had the same problem with my Bass boots;  I dont know how many times I put the boots on first and then had to take them off again to get the stirrups on!  Great idea with the snaps;  wonder if you can somehow attach the stirrup to the inside of the boot;  I would still forget I guess and put the boot on first without the stirrup under my foot! 

Finally got me a pair of TK boots;  world of difference! 

velcro is so simple

BTW I use no shin attachment to the boot.   not screen accurate.

the mod sounds fun.. but it is just extra work that is not needed.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

BTW I use no shin attachment to the boot.   not screen accurate.

Even if it might not be screen accurate, but 1. You can not see whether there is something like that installed 2. everything stays smoothly in place - even if I have to climb stairs.

So I tried to close up to my problem from a practical point of view. It worked out fine to me.

I have really tested the velcro-solution but it did not work for me. So I had to find something else.

Edited by Paggeldiwwer
  • Like 1

I had the same problem too! Tried velcro, doesn't work because it doesn't stretch. Figured out that it was because there was heaps of room around my ankles. So i decided to tighten them by punching some holes and using some elastic. 

W2SqjI.jpg

wHO1pm.jpg

Then I saw somewhere else on here that someone used the snap-on-heel tab technique. I copied it and I haven't had the problem since! The front of my boot doesn't come off, but I suppose you could do the same thing on the front. 

uZ8ESz.jpg

VhIvMa.jpg

EMLScR.jpg

zwQrHq.jpg

wDL5AH.jpg

And BTW, my boots are TK boots. 

Just thought I'd share! :)

• Like 4

Cool. I only had the Problem in the front. It never appeared to be an iissueat the heel. Interesting how different our experiences can be with those shins.

And my boots are only 4 mm smaller than TKBoots. So that should not have been the reason for my shins to pull up. Perhaps my legs just went fat after christmas😅

• Like 1

If I may chime in, I have decent size calves that tend to pull up on my shins. When velcro wasn't enough I glued some dense foam inside the shin armor just below my calf. The foam works two fold, it acts as a wedge preventing my shins from creeping up and also help prevent my hook and loop connection in that area from digging into my skin.