Spacebrew's ANH Stunt Build (MTK)

Hi guys I've been lurking for quite some time and after trooping as a Pilot for the last two years I finally took the plunge and ordered up a kit.  So with out further a do this is what was waiting for me when I got home today.

image_zpsratunbhc.jpg

image_zps3cbrpvap.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.  Steve and Ian I have been reading over your builds and will continue to look back as my build progresses.  Steve you and I are about the same size so I have full confidence  that this kit will fit me well as yours is great as does  Ian's. I am still a little nervous about trimming this up but with my previous experience I should be ok. This will be my fourth build of this sort. I previously built a a Merc from scratch, Tie Pilot and my wife's Scout. I will most likely start after this weekend ,have to keep the wife happy or I'll be building this kit in my car.

Started trimming I taped together the left forearm (the smaller one) and with a calculated cover strip of 5/8 my hand barely could fit through I might have to bump up the c strip to 7/8is that a problem? I measured the ridge on the bells and they roughly 7/8 E25A885B-1D51-4710-A2CD-456FAE8768AA_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that zap-a-gap is quick stuff. The guy at the hobby store told me I didn't need the zip-kicker but I purchased it anyway..... Haven't used it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Good job.

Looks like you still have some return edge left at the wrist opening that can be removed if you ever want to aim for Centurion:

7286eb10.jpg

Its could be the angle of the pic cause I cant really remove much more

Edited by spacebrew

So i know its been a while since I have posted any progress besides real life I was sick as a dog ,the kids shared a nice bug with me. So now that I'm felling better and received the last of my parts ie the under suit I am busy back at it.

The thighs are sized shins are together but, here is my question .

The sniper plate how is it trimmed at the bottom is it to sit flush against the shin or will there be some off set ? I will post some pics later.

Sniper plates can be tricky and vary from maker to maker.

My suggestion is to look up some MTK builds threads, to see how others have mounted and aligned theirs. Then go to the request for EIB and Centurion to see what has been approved, or asked to change/mod the sniper plate.

This way you will see minor variations to base yours off. Sometimes you just need to see it and bang, it all comes together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked at builds and submissions but I couldn't find a good shot of the under side. I'll have to keep searching thanks sly

Just another thought, have you looked at Mikes YouTube build videos, the links are on Trooperbay. Haven't looked at them for a long time, but might be something there.

got the shins together and had to take a test walk around the block I found some uncomfortable rubs which i trimed down after my test here are some pics my wife took. Sorry for the low light it was late and I was excited. And yes I still need to add the sniper plate

2F8453A2-CB06-4B46-A51B-97226C670A6C_zps

A4C435C9-A402-4A4B-859C-91A9E20373CC_zps

The shin rear covers are 1 and a quarter inch I made the thighs the same to match fronts are 7/8 the shins were a tight squeeze with my ankles and to get the Velcro functional covered up I had to go that size the covers also line up with the ridges . I think it looks better in person than in the pic

Oh yeah thanks tuskenrtt.

Now on to snap plate fab

5DEF1A89-C209-4F84-96FD-BAE8D7068034_zps

Beer and drill...I see blood happening lolll

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Beer actually helped me steady my hand, everything in moderation my friends.