E-11, Quick Question.

Artshot

Since I am about to begin my Doopy build of my very own E-11, I have a quick question.

Are Hengster and Power Cylinders standard on the ANH E-11 ?

I only ask because personally I think they ruin the clean lines of a standard E-11 and I do not want to add them to my build, but for the sake of accuracy I would.

I read once that they had a habit of falling off the E-11 on set, so there's a mix of both on screen, but I am just curious if there's actually two versions on purpose.

Would that make it E-11 and the E-11a variant ?

Just Checking

Art

Since I am about to begin my Doopy build of my very own E-11, I have a quick question.

Are Hengster and Power Cylinders standard on the ANH E-11 ?

I only ask because personally I think they ruin the clean lines of a standard E-11 and I do not want to add them to my build, but for the sake of accuracy I would.

I read once that they had a habit of falling off the E-11 on set, so there's a mix of both on screen, but I am just curious if there's actually two versions on purpose.

Would that make it E-11 and the E-11a variant ?

Just Checking

Art

Something to keep in mind, a blaster is not required for basic 501st approval. A blaster is only required if you intent to go for EIB and centurion levels on the forum.

So technically you could troop with the blaster without counter and power cells, if you wanted.

Thanks everybody for the information.

Since my last post I have decided to apply the Hengstler, although I plan on rebuilding the counter area on the resin one that comes with the Doopy kit.

I also just ordered a replacement set of power cylinders from "PlayfulWolfCub" to make them look more accurate.

I also have the replacement magazine from "Gazmosis" and the mod set by "T-Jay" to add to my Doopy, along with a few other ideas I have "borrowed" from other threads.

Suppose I better start putting it all together now :)

2000 parts......I must buy more as I look to be missing a few, I did locate an errant trigger though, with the aid of my bare foot, imagine stepping on lego, but more pointy.

Whilst on the subject of all things E-11, is there an accepted position of the power cylinders on the magazine housing ?, I asked "PlayfulWolfCub" who I consider an expert on all things power cyclinders, he said they were mostly just stuck anywhere, I do sort of like the look when there lined up with the barrel as I like straight lines.

No. Just spread the 2000 parts on the floor and roll around in them. Very soothing

I sleep with mine :)

As Andy said, there's no real right or wrong way. I lined mine up with the edge of the mag housing angling towards the receiver. After telling one builder that he had his on backwards, Andy posted a pic of one movie E-11 with them on BACKWARDS! I wouldn't do that, but otherwise - personal preference.

What Dday said ;)

Hengstler and cylinders are not required for the standard approval...where E-11's are optional accesories ;)

Not entirely correct. If you have a blaster it needs to meet the requirements for that level. As for basic, it is not mandatory, but if you have it, it needs to meet 'spec'.