Mix and matching bucket and armor kit

Not an expert on this, but you don't have to pair each piece brand-wise. I know that people replace certain brands' pieces with another brand that fits better. Color would be important to have a close match, tho. Vetted seller list says ATA is a special color blend, not sure how picky the higher-ups are. Hope this helps at all😅

There shouldn't be any issue with getting approved. The colors may be off but most people probably wouldn't even see the difference. Check my signature and you will see I made EIB with a Troopermaster helmet and MTK armor. You can see a difference ibut it doesn't look that bad to me anyway.

And I'd assume the penguin on top is optional??

BTW, this side by side brings up a good question...  What color should the Hovi Mic tips be?  The CRL only calls for "Correct 'Hovi mic' aerator tips" under the Expert Infantry approval.  

• 3 weeks later...

Please forgive my ignorance, but I am extremely new to this.  My son and I are beginning to assemble a set or armor for him and I wanted to know if there is any one helmet that everyone uses.  I've seen a couple of examples that appear to be quite different from one another.  Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

Helmets are all subjective. What most do is attempt to match the white of the armor to the white of the helmet when purchasing separately.

I just got an AP lid to go with my AM armor, the color match is darn near perfect