My armor so far, Any good?

Here are a couple of pictures of my armor so far, I have had it now for over six months it's coming together slowly.

Sorry about the poor photos (Selfshots) :mellow: I will have to get the other half to take some of me

Picture007.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Thanks for your comments Steve B)

I think it's looking great, especially for a first time! :duim: You did a great job with the thighs btw, most people don't get this to look as good.

Some minor quips:

1) Tighten up the shins a bit.

2) I think the frown is painted too large. Take an exacto and scrape a bit off. Else it looks like a gray ESB frown.

3) Tighten the biceps a bit - they also look loose. If you have skinny guns, you can add a little padding on the inside to keep them from sliding (I do).

Heck, split the but and I think you can hit Elite right as you are. Great job!

2) I think the frown is painted too large. Take an exacto and scrape a bit off. Else it looks like a gray ESB frown.

I agree, but another option is to use fine grit (150-250) sandpaper. Once you get it sanded sown, some Novus polish works great.

Nice looking armor there, trooper!!!

Apart from the small details already mentioned by other members, I think your kit's looking very good. :) Mine didn't look that nice first assembled - it took additional time and effort. I'm going slower on my AP kit...you live and learn. Nice job so far!

That the first thing i noticed :D

Thanks for all the comments so far guys B) Here are some better pics i got the other half to take>>..I have set to work on the frown and made it smaller is it any better this time???

I have also split the butt from the back plate,,O and i have got the hand plates on the right way this time LOL...

Picture016.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Thanks Steve

Nicely done sir!

Thanks everyone ...If you are looking at the armor and thinking it's to one side thats because i find it hard to stand up straight...I was hit by a I.E.D. in iraq..(long story)..But putting that to one side is it ok?

looks like your thigh pieces need to come up a bit more. The hand plates are hard to see but they look too thick. I think you need to trim more off of them. Perhaps post a closeup of the hand plates making sure to show the edges. Also it looks like the upper back piece is over lapping the kidney plate. I believe they should butt each other. The armor is looking good. Great job so far.

looks like your thigh pieces need to come up a bit more.

It does, but it looks like you trimmed your thighs from the top and didn't get the slope downwards on the inside (groin side) of the thighs. Keep in mind in the picture the stormtroopers are running and their armor isn't exactly right, but you can see the contour. The FX and RT doesn't have it exact but the general shape is there. Remember the armor has to fit you, not a 5'9" 160 lb extra in a costume.

Stormtrooperthigh.jpg

Overall, your doing a great job trooper.

• 2 weeks later...