Movie specific TK details

Just wondering, is there anywhere online with a step by step breakdown of the different details of each TK style from each movie?

I know that I managed to find a point of reference when I refinished my 70's Don Post Vader helmet but I can't seem to find anything on the TK details.

I've been bought some armour for Christmas and I'm looking to get the details right and get 501st approval. Need to ascertain which movie the armour is a replica from first :)

Edited by alittleshort

Hi Jarrad and welcome to the FISD.

Have you had a look at the Film Canon CRL's , this is where you will find the differences between the armour from movie to movie.

These CRL's are one of your main points of reference. Secondly, check out the Photo references tab. These are shots of the real costumes used in the movies, including screen grabs from Blu Ray..

CFO is the only RoTJ armour maker, most others can be modified and assembled to suit any of the other versions Hero, Stunt from ANH or ESB.

This hobby requires the research and this sight is loaded with all the info.

Do you know where your armour kit is coming from (maker)?

Thanks for your input Andrew, I've noticed this board is a hive of incredible information and I'm baffled as to where to begin.

Truth be told I'm not sure, it's a gift from my family and my father bought it. All I know is it's 2mm ABS and nothing more.

I'm hoping that it can be at the worst modified a little for 501st approval.

I've always wanted TK armour but never quite realised the sheer detail that's involved

Hi all, as Jason suggested here's a set of pictures of the armour. A few pieces are missing like ab buttons and aerators but I'll get those soon.
---------------

Edit: Forgot to mention the thermal detonator is in there too, pointless photographing it at the moment as it's a piece of blue pipe.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 12/19/2014 at 7:33 PM, alittleshort said:

Hi all, as Jason suggested here's a set of pictures of the armour. A few pieces are missing like ab buttons and aerators but I'll get those soon.

------------

Edit: Forgot to mention the thermal detonator is in there too, pointless photographing it at the moment as it's a piece of blue pipe.

If you are looking for 501st approval, you will need to change your helmet. This is an FX recast helmet (and armor). The helmet is not 501st approvable anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'll use the helmet as a learning curve then, is the armour 501st approvable with work? Also what movie is it specifically from?

The armor when built and fitted right is still approvable. The kit is one of the early fan sculpts of ANH armor.

On this line I do have a question, anyone familiar with Rubies costuming? A friend wants to give me a shadow trooper supreme edition setup from them, he's a dealer, but I've never seen one up close, would it even have modifiable to meet 501st requirements?

On this line I do have a question, anyone familiar with Rubies costuming? A friend wants to give me a shadow trooper supreme edition setup from them, he's a dealer, but I've never seen one up close, would it even have modifiable to meet 501st requirements?

It's really really bad.

I'm guessing that no amount of work will make it acceptable then correct?

It has been done in the past. But the amount required will make your head spin. It's far better and easier to start with something else.