Fabric for Jawa robe ?

Spycee

I subscribed to the Krayt Clan forum, but it seems that new members can't write new subjects (!). So I'll ask the question here : is this fabric / colour ok for a Jawa robe ?

8G5zpFy.jpg

It's maybe a bit too orange, but I saw many robes who looks like that. It's monk cloth, the fabric seems ok.

Tolo referred me to someone in our garrison that did one, so I'll check with him.  I will wash the fabric, it woud be very sad to make a costume that no one could wear :-(

Thanks !

• 1 month later...

if its monks cloth or cotton basketweave its the right material.  its very orange,  i'd dye it with some brown rit liquid dye when done to make it more the dark browny orange it needs to be.  ANH is different colour than the second trilogy jawa robes. it looks like it hangs well.

bandolier looks really good.  if they don't hold their shape stuff them with a bit of foam so they don't flatten and make a contact seam along the sides.

if it helps:

https://plus.google.com/photos/105016347582271608878/albums/5934115106568502177?authkey=CLXXpurywM2M5wE

Thanks !  Yeah I'll probably dye it to be more brownish.  

I have soo much trouble with the eyes !  I tried with opaque acrylic paint, it's not bad but since the light is a lot less bright it is easier to see that the paint is not uniform ...  I'm not able to spread it evenly.  And each coat adds to the opacity, it's not really good.  I tried also with stained glass paint (vitrail ?), but it's too transparent, the light is a lot too bright.

Edited by Spycee