Easy way to find costume

Hello everyone.

I have read many forums and guidelines but it is really overwhelming.

Is there an easy way. How can i get a full costume?? Do i have to find all the pieces my self or make them my self? 

I have seen many places where to buy a full armour, but i dont know about they are approaved.

First i found originalstormtrooper.com. Here it is Andrew Ainsworth himself, who are building the original armour. But there is also a battle spec armour. 

The second whas jedi-robe.com / stormtrooper-costumes.com. It seems well but people said that i should be aware of them.

All the others were not so preciesly.

Can any of the two stores i found be approaved?? Or are there another place i can buy a full armour who is 501st approaved??

If there are another store you know is 501st approaved and ALL the pieces can be found on one place, it would be nice with a Link.

Hope you can help me fast!!

-Haase

It might be your best bet if you're of the lazy kind:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29253-rs-props-pvc-100-stormtrooper-suit-combo/

You will only need a blaster to complete the costume, even though it is NOT require for 501st approval.

Edited by The5thHorseman

From personal experience and a common consensus of those on the boards here- the only way you will have a build that will fit you correctly, and that you will be happy with is to do the research and build it yourself.

I was in he same position as you- and my wife talked me into doing the work. I'm so glad I did. I learned a ton along he way- met a lot of awesome people and truly have a build that fits me perfectly and I'm proud of.

I've also bought a full RS kit that was from someone around my dimensions- and it's no where near as comfortable, or eye appealing as the one I built.

Do the research and build it- you'll thank me later

Don't get me wrong but there Is no "one click and you got it"-thing. Not for information, not for putting a complete set into your cart and check out. It's research. And everything Is out there. 99,9% of the information you need is out there. You just gotta find it. I and everyone else had to go through this. It's hard but that's what this stuff Is about.

So just to give you at least a little help (i am still brand new to this hobby but i spent hours of research by myself)..

Actually there Is no rule that says what armor maker is approvable or not. It is about the look. To get a look that can be approved for 501st there Is a lot of work. So if you get a "bad kit", there Is probably more work to do (as far as it's possible to make it Look like a real stormtrooper) and if you have a really nice kit there Is maybe (!) less work to do because it already looks pretty cool. Then it Is about your bodysize (bigger troopers often need a lil more work here and there as well as Very short or super tall guys). Then it Is about assembling the kit. You can have the best kit in the world, if you screw it up and wear your handplate on your elbows there is no way to be approved. But i have seen guys that have a actually "pretty bad kit" and upgrade it so good that it looks nice..!

So you see, it Is not just about the kit. It Is about you and the time and work you put in! ;)

Another thing that i did: check out The "SWAT" section. As you should know these are the highest quality sets and most perfect replicas of a original stormtrooper you can find. So if you flip though you will see a lot of TM (troopermaster) and RS props. Why? Because very experienced people chose these. Why do they? Because these are the most accurate kits to work with. You can still screw it up, but you got the best base here.

You will also find some AM or ATA kits. Why? Because many people like it. Why do they? Because these kits are still top notch, for the most people affordable and you can work with it. You can make it look amazing!

So i think now you know Why you do not see a jedi robe kit in the SWAT Sektion. It's easy, isnt it?

A general tip: if you find a website that sells kits/helmets and you can order directly there is close to zero chance it's a good one. Besides RS props all the kits are fanmade. You contact people and chat around and order it....

I hope that helps and the last words i say.....: there Is no easy way! ;) read, read, research, read, pictures, read, read, ...... And then you can get your kit! :) you have to learn by youself!

Edited by ex507
  • Like 1

Well, the link i've posted above is a "one click and you got it" and it's an extremely nice set of armor, extremely well assembled together. Depending on your body type (if you have average mensurations) it will be a good fit out-of-the-box.

I purchased an average guy sized already done RS kit- as I'm an "average sized guy". It is amazing- perfectly assembled- but the mid section ab and kidney didn't line up right when I squeezed it around me- and for some odd reason, I couldn't close the shins in the back. I don't have huge legs at all

While your right horseman- "it is a one click and ya got it" even if you are perfect size- something (probably many things) will need adjusting. If you haven't don't any research, and just want to "buy a storm trooper costume" you will have no idea where to start.

That's what rubies and Jedi robe banks on. When I first started and had no idea- I first looked at them and To the untrained eye- those kits looked darn good! Now- the second I see one I can immediately pick apart everything that is so terribly wrong with them

Edited by Pencap510

Well, the link i've posted above is a "one click and you got it" and it's an extremely nice set of armor, extremely well assembled together. Depending on your body type (if you have average mensurations) it will be a good fit out-of-the-box.

I totally agree with you but even if he just gets an RS armor and doesnt have a clue about what this set really is i think he cant enjoy it as much as it deserves to be enjoyed. And maybe a easier/cheaper kit would be the better choice for him. He wouldnt know. What i try to explain is that the armor itself is just half as amazing if you have someone pointing a finger saying: "get this. It's great"... Even if that was the truth. You know what i mean?

Hello and welcome, you could join a local garrison and enquire if anyone can build one for you, that could be an option for you

• Like 1

Here is what I have learned in my short time here.

1) If you just want to get into the 501st and troop, it isn't that hard to find a "one stop" shop that could get that done.

2) If you want to get more screen accurate and shoot for EIB and even possibly Centurion status, then your best bet is to spend a week or two here reading all the research threads and sub-forums. You'll quickly learn that a one stop shop will miss some of the elements. As the others have already posted, doing the build yourself will be more rewarding.

I ultimately decided on option 2 and as my journey has just begun, I can tell you I am already feeling the better for it.

The path you choose is your own, but FISD is a great place to learn.

Hi there!

Obviously you already looked up some of the offers you find on the net and obviously you are not taken aback by the asking prices ...

That is good!

For less money you can get a suit from the vetted vendors here on the FISD that is far superior than anything else you'll find "out there" (and that includes Andrew Ainsworth!).

You just have to add a single ingredient: handywork.

Believe me, it isn't so bad. You used a scissor before? You know what I am talking about when I mention glue? Heard of clamps?

Perfect, that's all you need.

(and some time, obviously ...)

Stroll by the "getting started" section and read the thread with the vetted vendors, contact them and dive right into it!

You won't regret that step.

Edited by Bone
  • Like 2