TK-2055 requesting ANH Elite status.[18][FX]

I'm finally ready to submit images for Elite status - hopefully these are detailed enough that all of the required aspects can be seen. This is FX armor with an AP bucket.

Fullfrontshot.jpg

Leftsideshot.jpg

Rightsideshot.jpg

Fullbackshot.jpg

Backsplitshot.jpg

A closer pic from the back so as to see the seperation of the kidney & butt plates, as well as the holster. Oh, and don't mind that little Jawa-wanna-be..that's my nephew, and he's already taken a shine to my armor. We may just have another future 501st-er there. :trooper:

Blaster.jpg

My hyperfirm E-11 which happens to have some weathering done - must have been transfered straight from Tatooine.

Shoulderstrap.jpg

Abbuttons.jpg

Buttons by Vaderdave - thanks! :salute:

Looks good trooper. The only thing I think your missing is the D ring on the end of the blaster.

One suggestion that is completely up to you is to attach an elastic strap to the armpit corners of the chest and back plate. It'll tighten up the overall appearance.

Looks good trooper. The only thing I think your missing is the D ring on the end of the blaster.

One suggestion that is completely up to you is to attach an elastic strap to the armpit corners of the chest and back plate. It'll tighten up the overall appearance.

Yep, I agree. You can get these (D-rings)at places like Jo-Ann fabrics for like $2. If you can't find one, let me know and I will send you one!!!

All you need to do is cut the ends off a ways, then drill a tiny hole into the D-ring hanger on the blaster, and a small pull on the ring will get it to pop into place.

Geez - taller than me :) Looks great! I'd suggest at some point in time getting new legs from RT - they're the best for taller troopers. Also, the shoulder bells could rotate forward.

It's great to see the AP working for you there too :)

Geez - taller than me :) Looks great! I'd suggest at some point in time getting new legs from RT - they're the best for taller troopers. Also, the shoulder bells could rotate forward.

It's great to see the AP working for you there too :)

I'm 6'3" and a lot of that height is in my legs, as you can see. ;)

I have heard that RT's thigh pieces are good for tall troops, as well, but right now I guess the only way I could nab some is to find them for sale by a third party as I think he's still working on getting his machine back to working order.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well the AP fit. I don't have a large head, so that helps. :P My glasses fit beneath it without too much difficulty, and I have mapped out how to fit my Rom/FX & mic in there as well. I'm still working on my TE2 bucket, but it's going to be used for the sandy I'm slowly putting together.

Yep, I agree. You can get these (D-rings)at places like Jo-Ann fabrics for like $2. If you can't find one, let me know and I will send you one!!!

All you need to do is cut the ends off a ways, then drill a tiny hole into the D-ring hanger on the blaster, and a small pull on the ring will get it to pop into place.

I completely missed this detail - thanks for pointing it out Terrell (which just happens to be one letter off of my full name, Terrill). My ROTJ blaster has one but for some reason I thought my ANH had one, too. :rolleyes:

I'll take a look round a few places and see if I can scratch up a d-ring and install it. Thanks for the offer, Scott!

how come there seems to be no Consistency in this elite status.I have looked closely at alot of guys requests.Some are granted as soon as pictures are submited others are required to have every little detail right.just dosnt figure in my eyes.

daetrin_deployment3.jpg

Nothing was said about this guys D ring not even a close up of hes blaster was required.

how come there seems to be no Consistency in this elite status.I have looked closely at alot of guys requests.Some are granted as soon as pictures are submited others are required to have every little detail right.just dosnt figure in my eyes.

Nothing was said about this guys D ring not even a close up of hes blaster was required.

The D ring requirement was recently corrected when Scott cleaned up some of the wording, and spelled out a few others. While previous elite members don't have to resubmit photos on the forums, they do have to meet the elite requirements. Getting everyone up to speed is on the to do list, and all previous elites have a grace period to get their costumes tweaked.

The D ring requirement was recently corrected when Scott cleaned up some of the wording, and spelled out a few others. While previous elite members don't have to resubmit photos on the forums, they do have to meet the elite requirements. Getting everyone up to speed is on the to do list, and all previous elites have a grace period to get their costumes tweaked.

And to add, this is a living process. As we get more troopers requesting Elite, it has become more specific. Until I became Deployment officer, there was no such position. Paul and Ed and Carlos were wearing many hats, and this is a hobby, as most of us also have full time jobs!!

This is a good catch, and I will ask Chazz to get us a new pic of his blaster. You will notice I am usually not the first guy to post, so that we can try to catch all the little details, AND let the detachment also be the eyes and ears for the Elite.

We are certainly not perfect, and welcome when someone else spots something I missed!!!

This is a good catch, and I will ask Chazz to get us a new pic of his blaster. You will notice I am usually not the first guy to post, so that we can try to catch all the little details, AND let the detachment also be the eyes and ears for the Elite.

That's Paul, not Chazz. :D

Okay, I've installed the d-ring into the blaster...

D-ringshot.jpg

I really appreciate all the input and comments...even if my app post did get partially hijacked. :P

Thanks for your reply gents,Thank you for not looking at my post as a dig and to give me a clear and informative answer.I as many others who would like to strive for a complete and elite standard kit look at the passed troopers along with the standards list.

It gets a little confusing when there are grey areas from one submition to another.Just an idea would be to have in the list an example of how the photos should be presented so nothing is mist on your approvals.thanks guys and nice one terry on your kit,looks great.

It gets a little confusing when there are grey areas from one submition to another.Just an idea would be to have in the list an example of how the photos should be presented so nothing is mist on your approvals.

Photo examples of all the details are in the works. These things take time though.

Terry, nice work, and thanks for your work on meeting ALL the requirements.

Elite Status approved!!!

Paul, will you please make the necessary changes to this troopers status!!!

I will work on the pics shortly.

:trooper:

Nice, thanks guys! The FISD has been a huge help, and I know it will continue to be a great resource for all TKs in helping us troops build and shape our costumes into ones we are proud to wear.

I'll be going on a troop in less than two weeks now which will be the inagural troop for this kit. I can't wait. :) And now I'll also be free to continue work on the "dirty" side of trooping with my TD kit so I can build it up to MEPD Deployed standards. :td:

Good Going Terry !

I'm not that tall, but have a badly broken leg (fixed now but still wonkey) and a drop shoulder, that makes it hard to get things to fit and look right - so know all about tweeking things to get them to fit you. The RT thighs are good, nice and tall and well shaped IMO.

Welcome to the Club.

Cheers,

Julian.