My MTK build thread.( ANH Stunt)

• 2 weeks later...

had to take a leave on this for a little bit due to a selfish act a close friend committed on sunday, instead of working on this Ive been working on funeral arrangements but.....

ordered boots, holster, belt, neck seal and blaster today.

Finished the MTK bucket 

10624727_10204229057620469_3979216242669

have the cover strip on the right shin to glue on back and almost have all my strapping done

10404492_10204235772148328_6826582429196

Hey Brian I just got caught up with your build because for whatever reason I just always click on the build thread sub forum. Welcome to the MTK family. You are moving along at a rapid pace and you seem eager to get this built quickly. Everything is coming together nicely.

If I had a recommendation for you it would be that you should trim down some of your return edges. If you leave it like the way it is then it might be very uncomfortable when you wear it. My return edges are about 1/8 inch. And let me tell you that the shins still caused a lot of pain when I trooped the first time.

Anyway things are looking good

Welcome to the MTK family Brian!

I haven't seen the revised one up close but when you are ready, please share some detailed shots of your armor.

Have you noticed the left bicep being larger than the right and the right forearm larger than the left?

Adam

considerably

I too thought the left bicep was out of shape. You may want to check out what I did on my build to address that left bicep. The link is underneath my signature, know me if you have any questions.

And Brian I highly recommend you follow Adams technique for the bicep. It really does make the armor look much better when completed. Many guys have followed his lead on that and you won't regret it

• Like 1

Don't worry about showing your first fitting. This is the only way we can help with recommendations. My guess on your chest to ab plate overlap could be attributed to your shoulder strap length and possibly back to kidney plate strapping as well.

• 2 weeks later...

finished the hand plates, TD, installed the covers on the belt rivets since the picture as well. Almost there. Botts " should" be here today. Ill suit up and have the wife take some better pics for critque

What an adventure into plastic spaceman land!! Love it! You look great! A few things jump out at me. Your belt has some farly good droop in the front. It should be resting tight against the ab with the top edge right against the bottom of the button plates( nice recovery on that button plate reposition) your drop boxes look thick to me. 10-12 mm thick are what is a good thickness and perhaps it is just the pic but the straps that connect the boxes to the belt look long. There should be little to no gap between the top of the drop boxes and the belt. Next is the thigh pack on your right thigh. It should be attached at the far upper corner of the pack itself. Your connection point on the thigh ridge is correct, but your pack itself is way too high. You also might want to,shorten those holster straps a bit. 3/4-1 inch is all you need between the holster and the belt.

Almost there....

There wasn't a view from the back but from my experience with upper body fitment when building my MTK, may I suggest the following:

lengthen the elastic shoulder bridge straps to allow the chest piece to come down a litle. Then tighten up the chest to ab straps so the overlap will not open as easily.

Would you be able to drop the thighs down a little as well? Since you are a lot taller than me, this will give you more flexibility in the thighs to lower ab/cod area. As long as you are not binding behind the knees you may even find you could almost squat.

Agreed with Steve on the drop box strap length. Should only have about an 1/8" of a gap between the top of the drop box and the bottom of the belt. If you riveted the straps then you may have to drill out the rivet and remount.

Yes, the front of the ammo belt should sit a little higher. The top of the belt should align with the bottom of the lowest painted button or slightly covering it.

Question. What kind of under suit are you wearing? It looks like a fitted cold weather type but not a compression.

Remember, we all been where you are and it will only be a matter of time before you are ready to apply for your TK ID. Build with EIB or Centurion in mind and the rest will be simple.

Have a great New Years! :)

Thanks for the input guys. Ive since fixed the drop boxes and holster. My ammo pack got hung up on my dogs cage and got ripped off so I just stuck it back on, will fix that properly as well. Im having an issue with my butt lol. doesnt seem to fit right, kinda seems floppy( ok, I set myself up for this one) and that is compression, its just too big on me so Ill have to get a smaller size