Thigh problem!!

Here as some of you may have read my first post introducing myself to everyone on this forum, i have mentioned a problem with my FX armour i got from another fella and i didnt realise how bad the thigh was. the photo will speak for itself :D dont laugh lads and ladies. Just a reminder i am an athletic build so my thigh would be big but i was disapointed as i thought the Fx armour thigh wouldnt be a problem, one on the right fits okay but left is a disaster!

Ps the calve pieces need trimming but again the owner before trimmed it out of proportion and ruined it <_<

tHX2bZE.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Ok i think unless you want big shims in the back of the thighs maybe you do need to replace them (right leg atleast).

I think the shins are going to be ok, maybe post some pics of the separate parts now so we can see whats going on.

You can never post too many pics :P

Ok i think unless you want big shims in the back of the thighs maybe you do need to replace them (right leg atleast).

I think the shins are going to be ok, maybe post some pics of the separate parts now so we can see whats going on.

You can never post too many pics :P

Any link to be able to just get one right thigh piece then :rolleyes: it looks stupid doesnt it, i was horrified when i first put it on!

I will post more pictures of my other parts i am having problems with

I needed to shim my thigh armor and I used a vertical vinyl blind that had 3 inch slats. I bought the blind a home depot for around $12. The slats are a fairly good match for the ABS. I also used to to fill the gap between my ab plate. I trimmed and riveted the vinyl in place. I tried it with Velcro first, but it looked too bulky. Hope this hepls

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Is that carpet padding your standing on....? Or is that carpet...?

Ah Geez....I'm sorry...that's the insurance adjuster in me...

That's weird you had that problem with the FX.... I cycle and have pretty good sized calf(s)/thighs and I still had to cut the heck out of mine....

The nice thing about armor....totally modifiable to perfection...

Like Mark advised...you may have to pick up some new thighs...which is no biggie.

I hope you find the answer(s) on here.

Good luck...and Welcome!!!

The good thing about the shims is they don't have to be permanent. Right now they are 1.25" and if I need to change it just drill out the rivets on one side and make the adjustment and re-rivet.

The good thing about the shims is they don't have to be permanent. Right now they are 1.25" and if I need to change it just drill out the rivets on one side and make the adjustment and re-rivet.

That would work for me, then as I lose I can modify until Turkey day. I want to be able to TROOP.

Nice one the modding advice are really useful i could prob do that in the meantime then buy another set of thigh later on

LOLOL :D THATS my kitchen floor its a stone floor, marble style blinkin freezing. the picture there it looks awful and does look like some sort of carpet XD

I have to remember that technique sinc I gotz chunky legz lol

Nice washing machine... you feed it catfood? :D

:D :D :D god you guys are funny!! lol you should see my collections of odd socks it to stop my brother from nicking them so i bought these and he said i would not be seen dead in them so it works

Ps thats my cat little bowl no for the washing machine i feed it too much clothes!

I will be trying the shim technique soon my dad gonna help me out and i will let u know how it get on! *THUMBS UP*