Original trooper boots

It's the passion everybody has for the movie and the costume.

Everything that is held in such high esteem is destined to be bickered and fought about equally passionately, isn't it?

It's not "just a boot" for the accuracy nuts, and while sure as heck it is no reason to maul each other, it is something that gets the tempers up for geeks like us. Gotta live with that!

Said kinda passion is what I love about the hobby, even if it sometimes seems to get the best of us.

But I'm sad to see the pics have gone because of all this...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Dennis, I'll put them back up later mate.

I just got wound up with all the crap going on and took them down. I don't see why others who want to find the boots for themselves should suffer because of a few narrow minded people, so I will get them back up.

I just got wound up with all the crap going on and took them down. I don't see why others who want to find the boots for themselves should suffer because of a few narrow minded people, so I will get them back up.

:D

Paul, please accept my apologies for stirring things up, it was never my intention, I was just interested is'all. I am glad that you are going to put the pictures back up as I wouldn't want to cause grief to others by posting my misguided question. Sorry buddy. :(

I'm thinking these come very close to the originals. They are not Loakes, and they are made in England. What do you guys think?

oiuyhbvcdewq2130.jpg

oiuyhbvcdewq2129.jpg

oiuyhbvcdewq2128.jpg

Edited by Locitus

The brand is "Jones" if I'm not mistaken, Mathias.

I think the overall shape is very close. In the end I filed them under "C" for "Close but no cigar". The elastic is a different size and shape and the model number information inside doesn't match.

If you're not desperately trying to get the original brand and you want something close, then to my eye these look great.

The brand is "Jones" if I'm not mistaken, Mathias.

I think the overall shape is very close. In the end I filed them under "C" for "Close but no cigar". The elastic is a different size and shape and the model number information inside doesn't match.

If you're not desperately trying to get the original brand and you want something close, then to my eye these look great.

I'm not desperately trying to find any, I just noted that Pauls pictures in the first post were back up, and casually googled a little. And you're right, they are "Jones"! These particular ones aren't my size anyway. I was just curious what it was I just stumbled over. :)

I have sourced the brand information and will share it with everyone very shortly, just double checking against all the comparisons etc as I don't want to get it wrong! Standby...

Narrow minded Joe :rolleyes:

Awesome!

I have sourced the brand information and will share it with everyone very shortly, just double checking against all the comparisons etc as I don't want to get it wrong! Standby...

Hi Joe , iam really glade that you may have found the origanal brand of boots , but surley it dose not have to turn in to a prove you wrong compition , i do feel you have some sort of grevences with Paul maybe viser - versa , but i cant see how we all cant get on seeing we all love the same hobby, just my 2 cents worth :)

Cool!

See, you can find out things if you try. Well done.

Just in case you are unsure about the brand (as most boots don't have the name inside) the model number you are looking for is 1095. If your boots don't have that then they probably aren't the boots your looking for.

Cool!

See, you can find out things if you try. Well done.

Just in case you are unsure about the brand (as most boots don't have the name inside) the model number you are looking for is 1095. If your boots don't have that then they probably aren't the boots your looking for.

Yeah, I was looking for that number, figuring that was the key to everything, but the pictures I found were from the wrong angle to reveal the inside text. But then I overlooked the differences in the elastic anyway. :)

If they are bots you are buying from ebay then just ask the seller for the text inside the boots before you buy.

That's a good idea! Those however are size 11, and I wear a size 9. But if they indeed had been originals I'd bought them anyway. But since they are not I'll pass.

• 1 month later...

That's a good idea! Those however are size 11, and I wear a size 9. But if they indeed had been originals I'd bought them anyway. But since they are not I'll pass.

In the end I bought this very pair of Jones boots off eBay. It looks like this style is as close as I can get with a current product for the time being.

Just arrived today. They fit me fine (yes, I am a hobbit) and are in good condition. I'll post pictures when I've dyed them.

Hi from one hobbit to another well done mate getting closer now to being more screen accurate when are you going to get suited up in youe 1mm Rich you know the suspence is killing me mate ;)

Hi from one hobbit to another well done mate getting closer now to being more screen accurate when are you going to get suited up in youe 1mm Rich you know the suspence is killing me mate ;)

I thought it appropriate to get some proper Chelsea boots and dye them. Can't go to all the effort with the suit (internal strapping and weathering and all) and then put on my TK Boots. The TKBoots are great but for a whole different kind of idealised look.

Armour assembled and ready, just waiting on my kit. Won't be long now, mate. :D

• 2 years later...