Sly's AP ANH Stunt TK Build

Sly11

Must have spent 4-5 hours trimming the ears and still not happy, but left material behind still so i can tweak later on.

Helmet is about 85% complete now.

Not sure if it is normal practice to mask the frown before painting, but thought I would try it out.

376YYnk.jpg

Just a suggestion....think about painting the inside of your helmet flat black. It helps keep light out and any little kids trying to look up will see darkness. I'm glad I did it. Just a suggestion :)

Yep, a beginner would tend to use masking tape for that :). I did it too even though in the end i ended up removing the tape and made touch up everywhere!

However i feel like your tubestripes are reversed, the ones which are supposed to be on the left cheek sit on the right one. The one/two firsts tubestripes should slightly lean forward at the top:

12149503156_7647c57356.jpg

Peel them off and re position!!!, think I will make it worse doing that, don't have the steadiest of hands.

Sent Trooperbay an email to see if they do the Dave M style separately as these came with that decal set, and I can have it fixed in no time at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL...yeah, peel them off slowly! Use a sewing needle or something small the get them started. I did it but can understand if you're not comfortable doing it....can you post side pics of your helmet?

The tube stripes don't really need to be hand painted. Only the traps and tear drops need to be painted or use Dave M hand painted decals for centurion...

Edited by Slangen

I do actually have the stencils at home, in case I worked up the courage to paint the stripes, so I guess that will be my back up plan all else falling.

I'm also not happy with the Humbrol paint colour on the frown. Got the code off the paint references sheet on here, but Humbrol number 5 is too dark as you can see on my photo.

For the life of me I have not been able to find the Testors/Model Masters 1138 or 1238 (spray can version), in Brisbane, even the Hobby shops are telling me the paint code must be wrong, but I have seen it online in the US.

I'm also not happy with the Humbrol paint colour on the frown. Got the code off the paint references sheet on here, but Humbrol number 5 is too dark as you can see on my photo.

For the life of me I have not been able to find the Testors/Model Masters 1138 or 1238 (spray can version), in Brisbane, even the Hobby shops are telling me the paint code must be wrong, but I have seen it online in the US.

Can someone offer some insight into the AP Biceps.

As you can see they have a curve on the right side.  Is this one for the left arm, or the right arm, or should I say, how do you wear it? , curve to the bicep or curve to the triceps.

biceps_zps33678ba8.jpg

Use a toothpick dipped in paint thinner.  It'll clean those bleeds right up and not damage the plastic.

Here's what my tube stripes looked like before I cleaned them up:

g6MsVYQ.jpg

And here's the after:

lWd86qp.jpg

Edited by maxsteele