Sly's AP ANH Stunt TK Build

Sly11

Started on the rough trim as this will take a little time, fore arms are as good a place to start as any, and from memory AP arms are the same left and right so shouldn't be a problem to match up.

Chime in if I'm wrong please Vern.

Before the question is raised, I will be starting the helmet next.

lKAeATb.jpg

Which is left and right.

It looks like the side witch is more curved should be at the bottom, and the lesser at the top. Is this correct please.

AbG1yHa.jpg

Woo hoo! Shiny white stuff!

The curved bit is your elbow, so the picture as we see it - left hand side = elbow. Right hand side = wrist. That was what you meant?

Edited by Sith Lord

No sorry, not too sure how to explain.

If you look at the second piece down, it has the top edge fairly straight, but the bottom edge has a nice curve to it. Same with its opposite part with the 11 rectangles. I am not talking about the wrist opening and the elbow opening , but the long edges themselves. Hope this makes sence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's my forearms..if I am understanding correctly.....I wonder if you have some more trimming to do. Mine came trimmed. The only thing I had to do was get rid of the return edges on the wrists.

1b5142ab48f7f00ff291e91c39bced2f_zps7d0a1caf.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to replace brocken image links by Sly11, 2020

Yes still have trimming to do as have only trimmed to the mold lines.

Will measure and cut one half to the 7.5mm so i will have the 15mm width required and take another look, I just wanted to join the outer side first for accuracy, in case i needed a larger cover strip to the inside.

to do that i need to know which way to wear the forearms. maybe had I mentioned that originally my questions would have made more seance.

Due to the shape of the length of the parts, it was easy to see which two mached, but still not on which arm to wear them.

Only 11 dents on each arm with AP Rystan, but thank you for your help.

Thanks Steve, I think I'm going to just get away with 15 mm cover strips on each side as I have large hands and thin arms, will have to wiggle them through the wrists.

The next thing is the Biceps due to their asymmetrical look again left and right.

If you look at the inner part at the top it has a high side and a low side.

Is it low to front, high to back or vice versa?

Hmmmm, Steve (Gazmosis) made a mention in a Centurion thread about someone with forearms on the wrong side. I'll see if I can find it. And there's a pic here somewhere about biceps. Will see if I can find that one too. I'm only at work, nothing else to do  :D

Edit: See if you can decipher this http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28311-tk-27101-requesting-centurion-status-rs/ 

Edited by Sith Lord

These forearms are fun to put together

do they look OK so far, it is going to be interesting come glue time to get a flat edge , plenty of clamps I think.

15mm cover strips on both sides i can just get my hand through and it seems a good fit.

Any pointers appreciated, the more feed back the better.

DYNUmwC.jpg

IG4bsdS.jpg

1cZS34M.jpg

O3Mm0Ec.jpg

Trim it just a little more so you have a nice flat edge going around....you might just want to sand that excess down. take a look at some of the EIB and Centurion pics and you'll see...forearms look good so far....

Edited by Slangen

Unless its the lighting in the pic, looks like you have some return edges that shouldn't be there...if so, sorry if you misunderstood.. I marked it in red...sorry about the red line at the inner top right eye (looking at the pic) goes up a little, it should be straight....you get the idea.

IMG_1155_zps095c2bc1.jpg

Here's a pic of mine...

IMG_2108_zpsf13aeac8.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

Yes Steve there is still return left on the inside of the eyes, wasn't sure if it should all come out or not, what about the frown, again going slow not to take too much away.

thanks for your lines, my edges are sitting almost directly behind, should that come out?

Going slow is the best idea! Remove the remaining material from the eyes and frown and you should be good...

Having more fun than you thought yet? :)

Edited by Slangen

Loving every minute of it, but my wife......I' m not so sure!

That's what I was thinking - either bad lighting and blurry picture, or a lot more to cut out (or both). (Oh, missed the second page, before I commented)

Edited by Sith Lord

Damn these ears take some time, very scared to stuff then up, so haven't trimmed them down to the trim line.

Still working on the one not attached.

mBgeZBD.jpg

f42HPu5.jpg

lLyeMs8.jpg