FISD ALS Ice Bucket Challenges

Dark PWF

I didn't see a thread for this anyplace already, but since J.J. Abrams challenged the Legion I figure there have to be a few more of these out there for sharing and wanted to post a thread for sharing them.

Here's one with myself and TB-2582 done this afternoon in the rain, and one that Kellan had to do after seeing us do it:

Let's see them!!

Ok, I don't really understand this - nominate someone to dump a bucket of ice over your head OR donate to the ALS cause. Does that mean because all these celebrities (and you Tim, you're a celebrity :)) are NOT donating to the cause? If so, what's the point?

• Like 1

That's how it started Ian, yes.

It is now a standard/expected/suggested donation of $10 if you take the challenge, and $100 to buy out of it.

As far as celebrities, Charlie Sheen dumped $10,000 in cash out of a bucket onto his head, and said that he was donating it, and challenged some other celebrities (from Two and a Half Men) to do the same thing.

Edited by Dark CMF

Well, that's alright then! As long as funds are being generated for the cause.

Edit: just googled Charlie Sheen. Needs to be more of that! That's probably small change in his bank account.

Edited by Sith Lord

Last I heard 6 Million has been raised for ALS. I want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the challenge and donated. My Step-mom lost her fight to ALS a couple years ago, It had the nickname "the silent killer" because it wasn't as well known and in the forefront like cancer, AIDS, and heart disease. I think these challenges have changed that.

• Like 1

Last I heard last year at the same time they raised over 1 million, so far this year it's over 13 million, I THINK IT'S WORKING ;)

Awesome stuff!!!

Thank you, Marc.

C'mon Troopers, the Alabama Garrison and the Philippine Outpost can't be the only two responses from within the ranks of FISD.  I saw at least two of you in videos posted elsewhere - to include in the Legion's official response - Let's see them!

I know Star Garrison has many on Facebook including Central TX and South TX squads. Seems like ice buckets are all that's on my FB feed right now! LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Posted to you tube a bit late but this was posted on FB as our response when Star Garrison was challenged by Bast Alpha Garrison the day before JJ's challenge went out.

(No bucket on me.. So it all went straight into the Armor!!)

- Berbs

Edited by Berbs42

The mini-trooper ALS INC was adorable! :D

Also, love your car! hehe

Thanks, Andrea - I'm rather fond of the car myself - ;)

Kellan (the mini-trooper) surprised me after we got done with it. He walked up and told me "Daddy, get Kellan's Stormtrooper helmet for the water." I was like... Okay. Mommy, grab the camera again. LoL.

• Like 1

Posted to you tube a bit late but this was posted on FB as our response when Star Garrison was challenged by Bast Alpha Garrison the day before JJ's challenge went out.

(No bucket on me.. So it all went straight into the Armor!!)

- Berbs

Awesome stuff, Berbs! Looking forward to joining all of you soon!

Edited by Dark CMF