Basic / Simple Hasbro E-11

Hi all.

This is my first build of anything. I was very nerves and not sure how this would turn out so I didn't post process as it happen, just in case I would get really stuck. Was fun to see what you can do when trying new things. Big thanks for all the earlier topics about changes the Hasbro. It was a big help.

First is the "before" pic. The blasters arrived, I got 2 of them together since it was really the only person how would ship them to me without costing more then the blaster it self.
Mynd1.jpg

Then the first cuts. The front nozzle and the scope. I don't have a dremmel so I used hacksaw and a box cuter.

Mynd2.jpg

Mynd3.jpg

Mynd4.jpg

Sanded down the legal stuff.

Mynd5.jpg

I also cleared out the cross hair. Again, no dremmel so I used a drill and then cleaned it with box cuter and sandpaper.

Mynd6.jpg

Some more drilling.

Mynd7.jpg

Then gluing the parts on. Had a small trouble with the glue I used, it got yellow and "bubble" but luckily it did hold and there was no mayor caps. 

Mynd8.jpg

Then stared to paint. I put 3 layers of spray paint. One grey primer, one silver and then black.

Mynd9.jpg

Mynd10.jpg

Paint done. On to weathering. I used this video to help me see where to start and the basic of dry bruising

The weathering part did go allot better than I was expecting. I was dreading to start on it but when I did, it was so much fun I might have over done it a little bit. I just didn't want it to end lol.

Mynd11.jpg

Mynd12.jpg

Mynd13.jpg

Mynd14.jpg

Mynd15.jpg

Mynd16.jpg

The completed vs the original.

Mynd17.jpg

And now it is resting in the trophy case :jc_doublethumbup:

Mynd18.jpg

It was a "blast" to build. Even thou it was a very basic build and nothing to fancy. I am really happy with it and shown myself that this isn't to hard. Specially when there is so much information here in the FISD. 

Now I just have to what for my armor before I get started on the other one :smiley-sw013:

-Tommi

Having the username Sith Lord must be giving you some mind trick powers . Yesterday I thought "Stand? No lets wait for now".  Around 2 pm I was planing to make one out of a old pallet at work, lol. :P

Needles to say it is build and the first coat of paint is drying :)

• 2 months later...

Just ran across this build and wanted to say thanks for posting! I'm doing a simple conversion as well (I'd love to do some of those new barrel and multi-color ones, but that's for next time!) - your build has helped me get going !

Thanks Michael. Happy this is helping other with there build :)

You should also check out Ian/Sith Lord build. That thread got me started and helped allot. Happy bulding  ;)

P.S.

Sorry forgot the link

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26356-basic-hasbro-build-with-doopey-conversion/

Edited by Sir Tomasu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Build looks great and I am using this and Ian's build to do a conversion of my own.  In your picture that says "some more drilling", is that on the front part of the folding stock?  How big are the holes?  Also, did you have to use putty to close some of the gaps between the pieces?  Any recommendation on what kind of putty could be used?  Will E-6000 work as far as attaching the pieces to the blaster?  Thanks for posting your pics.  I am inspired now and need to get to work.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Build looks great and I am using this and Ian's build to do a conversion of my own.  In your picture that says "some more drilling", is that on the front part of the folding stock?  How big are the holes?  Also, did you have to use putty to close some of the gaps between the pieces?  Any recommendation on what kind of putty could be used?  Will E-6000 work as far as attaching the pieces to the blaster?  Thanks for posting your pics.  I am inspired now and need to get to work.  Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply.

In the "more drilling". This is more around the center of the folding stock (if that make sens). On the Doopy kit there are this little holes that does not go through. I simply found a drill that matched the with of that hole and drilled all the way through.

Luckily I did not have to use much putty in the build. I have heard the so called "Green stuff" is the way to go, but sadly I have not found anyone that sells it in my area. I used filler (used to fill holes in walls and stuff) and that did work but I would not recommend it if you can avoid it.

I think E-6000 will do the trick, just let it cure for 24 hours and you should be fine. If it is good for the armor build, it is good for the blaster ;)

Sorry again for the late reply, and good luck on your build :duim: