Legacy Fem Trooper

Seems like the Jes Gistang Legacy Fem trooper is the hot topic :P 

I guess Ill start a build thread as well for Val, BH-10227's build

IMG_3231_zpsceb63ec6.jpeg

It arrived last Friday. I have been teaching her about trimming ABS armor and she started working on it on Sunday.

Only pics I have right now

10568032_667933396619641_1752481459_n_zp

7347B43E-5143-409B-A1AC-9E4A8D73659F_zps

We should have some more work done tonight and ill take some better pictures.

As for the rest of the parts for the costume. We have ordered boots that we feel should work. We also found a wig that is close to the statue's hair down mode. We already have a few neck seals, so she is good there. Same with pants and gloves. I also took this as the perfect opportunity to order a DLT19 :D

Things we still need. I am having a hard time finding a affordable long sleeve compression top. I also want to buy one of the statues to have as reference, and once this is built, I can put it in my office at work B)  And We need a helmet once a Legacy sculpt is finished. until then, she can use my MC TK helmet.

Jes Gistang is pretty much everywhere at the moment, huh?

Looks like an interesting project.  What are the little white squares?

The little squares are used to mount the belt boxes to the belt. I am not sure, but I also believe they are also used as mounting brackets for the TD.

The little squares are used to mount the belt boxes to the belt. I am not sure, but I also believe they are also used as mounting brackets for the TD.

That helps! I was trying to figure out those little squares! :) I've been stuck working 12's  - so not alot of time to play with my new toys.

Congrats on the DLT 19!  I'd like to get one... but must wait. :)  On the compression top,  I have a few cheapy ones... and I meant to

get a nicer one, but never got around to it. The cheap ones work for shorter troops. For the helpmet- I have my AP one, but I might

not worry about wearing it.... I won't be able to wear this armor on official troops... not that I know of, anyway. :)  Have a fun build!

I remember reading that the square connectors are screwed to the belt and the belt boxes are glued to the connectors.

Ah haaa... that makes sense. Thanks for the info. :duim: 

We found a good compression top so the whole under suit is good to go. Hopefully we can make some head way this weekend. We are holding classes at our local Tandy leather every Saturday this month and I am taking this as a opportunity to work a bit on this as well.

I cant decide if I should go with those shoes, or get some more "accurate" ones.

I really like the fem thing in this, but I do tend to lean against the elitist way of building armor. But hey. Maybe I should get two pair of boots. One feminie pair and one correct pair :)

As long as it looks good, right :D

Did a lot of work this weekend.

We found these clips at Tandy Leather and they work really well for the side boxes

C9279FD5-715C-4755-8C0C-54F5C2FA6968_zps

261C7FA3-FCC6-42A3-B14C-BC4A36E68E21_zps

27650CEC-B77A-4E42-89DE-40FFC285E8DA_zps

A2074E0B-590F-4702-835B-131C639AF3F1_zps

404468BC-CC96-443D-8CC6-F3F38AAD9468_zps

We also got all of the armor trimmed and started assembling it. Admittedly, Val is pushing it on her current body size, but she is very close. She is working out and getting fit, and having this is giving her motivation.

FA8C887B-D1F6-4860-BA8B-508D1EBD3374_zps

573B6993-A0D0-46D3-B3E6-B4B424125882_zps

D0CD6BEB-39B2-4D3E-B263-03579424028C_zps

More to come soon!

• Like 2

Val is a beautiful girl and she's going to ROCK her armor. Thanks for posting more pics.  They are helping me lots!

Ok - sort of a personal question and you don't need to answer. Is V having trouble with the chest piece? I AM. It seems

to me that the girls need to be 2 inches below the neck for the chest piece to fit right. haaa haa...   I'll put more on my thread

so you won't have to be bothered with silly GIRL stuff.  Congrats on your GG staue!

Val is a beautiful girl and she's going to ROCK her armor. Thanks for posting more pics.  They are helping me lots!

Ok - sort of a personal question and you don't need to answer. Is V having trouble with the chest piece? I AM. It seems

to me that the girls need to be 2 inches below the neck for the chest piece to fit right. haaa haa...   I'll put more on my thread

so you won't have to be bothered with silly GIRL stuff.  Congrats on your GG staue!

I am not bashful with this. I personally make quite a bit of clothing and costumes for ladies including corsets and sometimes topics come up. She is a 38 C border with a D. If Val is wearing a standard bra then yes she does have a problem. We ran into this issue with her Bo-Katan costume as well. We were able to find a better push up bra that has really helped. For this armor, she will also use a comfortable underbust corset. With that, everything fits pretty good. I need to take out some of the curve of the shoulder straps for it to be 100% were I want it, but its not bad. We will be working on this Sunday (have to go and be in a costume panel and be at a wedding tomorrow), so I will do what I can to get more pictures. I tend to forget taking pictures when I am working :P

One more note. The chest does not fir good unless you have the ab plate on. I believe its because the ab plate pushes on your bust line in the same way a underbust corset works. Just an observation from Val

Are we talking boobs now??

I guess we are :laugh1:

Ok, that makes sense! Thanks for discussing with strangers! haa haaa :)

I was thinking of doing something similar, so I'm glad to know that works.

When don't people talk about "them"?! :P

I love seeing all the Fem trooper builds so far....

Hey Jason, I just wanted to point out that the belt need to move down more. It should run across the smooth area below the Ab and above the cod. Just  be in-between the the raised details. That means the sides of the belt hang below the Armor and over her hips.

Kevin W.

We just taped the belt on for this picture. But yes its not where it needs to be.

We have assembled all the parts except the knee straps. I also need to make some straps for the shoulder bells. After that I think we are going to see about a full test fit!