Ritz Cinema Fundraiser - Lincoln, UK - with Jeremy Bulloch

R5SB

The UK Garrison were recently asked to bring a little extra Star Wars magic to a small, fund-raising event at the Ritz Cinema (movie theater) in Lincoln, UK.

The star of the event was Jeremy Bulloch who, for anybody who doesn't know, portrayed Boba Fett in the original trilogy. He was a true gentleman and a pleasure to troop alongside. He seemed to have a great time with the fans and signed autographs and posed patiently for photos.

Our CO, Gary Hailes, and our new XO, Phil Parker, both found themselves unexpectedly thrown into the limelight after the normal host was otherwise occupied. They both did credit to the Garrison, keeping everybody happy and entertained before and during the Q&A session.

As an added bonus the venue had also recently taken possession of a familiar doorway and corridor! Before being "donated" to the venue by the London Film Museum this Tantive IV set had been used at the original Celebration Europe back in 2007. It would be fair to say that some of us Troopers were quite excited to be posing in front of such an iconic doorway, as you will see from our huge smiles ;)

Anyway, I'd like to thank my fellow troopers and our crew for a great day. Here are a few photos from the event (shared with the kind permission of SIMpixels).

D7F3A397-7762-46B7-8778-EA9AF9EEAE49_zpswudsmdda.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Great report Andy. :jc_doublethumbup:

It was brilliant to be part of such an awesome event,

I didn't stop smiling all day! Lets hope there are

more of them at The Ritz in the near future.

Thanks to my gf Vicki for taking the photos.

Here's another pic that I've tweaked.

BofB_zpsb8176e86.jpg