Hero Frown and Bicep Question [AP]

That ear work is absolutely beautiful and imaginative, Aaron. You're going to provide some excellent new options for people with this stuff!

Keep having fun. Loving the work you're doing so far!!

Edited by Dark CMF

Nice mods.. I can post detailed pics of my TM Hero when I get home if you'd like.. I have noticed that the TM Hero is a bit wider and there's a couple other subtle differences.. You definitely have skills to pay the bills lol..

Thanks Mathias, Tim, Germain and Manny!  I will likely upgrade to a TM helmet someday - then I can enjoy "unmodding" my AP back to Stunt!  It would be cool for AP to offer hero ears as an option, but I would certainly want to refine them more before sending samples to Mark - they still require a considerable amount of hand work.

"You definitely have skills to pay the bills lol..."  Manny, believe it or not, I'm in the midst of an incredibly difficult decision right now and your previously unheard quote is REALLY beneficial.  I've been blessed with many gifts, but many go untapped because of my career in corporate America.  I've worked at my company for the last 15 years and things are incredibly BAD right now.  Double the hours for the same pay (salary), less benefits, extreme stress and no end in sight...  From talking to friends, I know it's the same story at a lot of companies and it's not going to change unless I take the initiative to make a change for myself.  I've been tossing around quitting to work someplace else or even working for myself.  My wife stands behind me and I've got a great network of friends.  Your timely quote serves as one more cog in the gears of change because I know I've been blessed with "skills to pay the bills".  So, many, many thanks!!!

Aaron

Edited by usaeatt2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aaron,

Must say you are definitely handy with the hobby iron and fabrication skills. I understand about the whole more work for same carrot. We loose teammates and if you are not in commissioned sales, the work of the missing simply gets divided up to those who are left.

Our company leaders even built a campaign around this to try and make it sound positive. Better, Faster, Leaner.... The air doesn't change up at the crystal castle, only in the mine shafts...

But I digress... Find a way to earn a living at what you love to do... You know the rest.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to the rest of your build.

Thanks for your response Adam!

It seems this "corporate" metality is happening everywhere.  My wife is an extremely expereinced pharmacist (She had licenses in 13 states at one point) and they're doing the same thing at the hospitals...corporate healthcare.  They cut the pharmacy department back so far that they didn't have enough pharmacists to cover all the shifts - so they supplemented with part timers that were limited to 4 hour shifts to cover the gaps.  My company does the exact same thing with lost teammates and retirees - work gets divided up to those who are left.  Our expereinced engineers are leaving at an alarming rate - business people are AWARE of what's happening, but they say that's business and those engineers won't be replaced.  I've also heard Better, Faster, Leaner - and I've been trained as a Six Sigma green belt and am expected to participate in Six Sigma LEAN events.

Although I'm an experienced engineer, I'm looking for a simple maintenance position.  I love working with my hands and fabricating - it's my gift.  My wife and I have already discussed my take home pay being cut in half or worse if I elect to leave my engineering position.  As long as we can make ends meet, she's good with it.  Less disposable income, but also less stress and closer to "normal" hours.  Working 70-90 hours a week on salary is getting ridiculous and that's not a life - it's slavery.  I think it's worth leaving to maintain my health and sanity.  And like you said about the castle and the mine shaft - I'M not getting any richer for putting in all those hours, but SOMEBODY is...

Armor build is coming along well.  I'm waiting till I'm at least halfway to start posting pictures - that way there aren't large time gaps between posts.  Thanks again for your compliments and comments!

• 1 year later...

Hey Aaron, I'm going to be trying your ear mod, but on an AM2 set of ears.  I have ATA hero ears on my AM2 lid right now, and they're tiny in comparison.  I bought two sets of ATA ears just in case, so I have an extra pair to make clay molds from, and of course my AM2 ears that I didn't use for the build... Hopefully my ears come out as well as yours!

On 8/29/2015 at 9:44 AM, Kredal said:

Hey Aaron, I'm going to be trying your ear mod, but on an AM2 set of ears.  I have ATA hero ears on my AM2 lid right now, and they're tiny in comparison.  I bought two sets of ATA ears just in case, so I have an extra pair to make clay molds from, and of course my AM2 ears that I didn't use for the build... Hopefully my ears come out as well as yours!

Hi Josh, the molded ears came out OK, but they lacked detail.

There's a better way...

Sand off the 4 bumps, then build up a lump of Milliput or some other modeling putty.

Shape 3 bumps into the hardened putty with needle files and sandpaper.

The result is cleaner and much more defined!!!

GOOD LUCK!

6W31zDQ.jpg

WjXxdVd.jpg

UFFzXWn.jpg