MTK Build - ANH Stunt

Good luck with the anti bullying campaign Adam. Such a worthy cause!

I did notice the knee plate trimming Germain (after the fact of course). I think I'll get to my basic 501st as is , then consider a new one for future certification. Might need too hit MTK up to see about shipping one to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Knee plate under construction/renovation. Stay tuned for that one.......

So, I got my measurements set

P1020044_zps5a5ab556.jpg

Made up my elastic snaps. Seen here with the bits that will be glued onto the armor (and don't worry about the tape. That is just there to check my lengths)

P1020043_zps65241ca9.jpg

My first thoughts were to put two snaps at each end as I have for strength, then when I made the straps I thought, jeez these are tough, it's going to be tough pulling them apart. When I did measure them up, pull them apart, added E6000 to the fabric pieces, only to realise they were that tough, and I broke them trying to pull them apart!

P1020046_zpsaf6e987e.jpg

P1020048_zpsf79d9f58.jpg

So, once again my build is on hold until I can get more elastic to make new straps. I think my problem was they were too thick. I doubled the elastic, plus put a piece of ABS in the middle to make it strong. It is obviously too thick for the snap to make a secure hold.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys. New snaps and a snap tool on order. I've had two batces of snaps fail on me, therefore no recent progress. Hopefully more to report soon....

Andrew - message "MTK" directly here, or message me and I'll give you some details. Price and turnaround time (2 days) were big selling points for me.

Pretty much Adam. Just haven't trimmed the thighs. Waiting till I can wear the torso properly to line them up. I paid a bit more to buy the snaps locally (instead of the US) so hopefully they arrive soon.

Great! Just remember to do your fitting on your thighs while wearing your under suit. There is a difference in fit!

Also remember to consider the taper to the knee. Not that it would keep you from basic 501st approval, but after going to WonderCon in April, I was able to see a good number of other TK builds up close and noticed the knee opening wasn't addressed on quite a few.

This will add to your overall fitted look and you could potentially avoid some armor clank noise when walking. :)

Also remember to consider the taper to the knee. Not that it would keep you from basic 501st approval, but after going to WonderCon in April, I was able to see a good number of other TK builds up close and noticed the knee opening wasn't addressed on quite a few.

This will add to your overall fitted look and you could potentially avoid some armor clank noise when walking. :)

Sorry, what do you mean by that Adam?

Sorry, what do you mean by that Adam?

Sometimes troopers don't make the opening at the knee small enough. This makes the thigh look like a bell.

You want the knee to be tapered.

It also prevents the sniper plate from slipping under the thigh at the knee.

Finally getting some progress made...

Check this thread for my Boot and hand guard painting process: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27403-another-boot-thread-but-with-spray-paint/

With my third purchase of snaps, these ones seem to be working well, so can finally get some glued on. Well, after grinding the old ones off, these new ones back on.

P1020069_zpsa938af30.jpg

And the shoulder bridges measured, marked and glued.

P1020070_zps0e433c8c.jpg

I'll be able to wear the torso section soon. Woo Hoo!!

Also, sold my Stormtrooper Undersuit (was too big) and bought some compression gear from Kmart. $20- top, $20- bottom, Can't go wrong with that.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd better check in after a little more progress.

Check this thread for my Boot and hand guard painting process: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27403-another-boot-thread-but-with-spray-paint/

Finished the boots, Check them out ^^^

Pretty much have the torso done. Just waiting on a mate to trim the sides (ab/kidney) to size. Will post some more pics when that's done. In the mean time, boots and hand guards done, in the above thread, and did some sewing!! (and drew more blood)

P1020112_zps35805938.jpg

Edited by Sith Lord

Are you planning to install straps on the front of the Chest piece down to the Ab piece?

Edited by toybiz

Are you planning to install straps on the front of the Chest piece down to the Ab piece?

Yes, I am Adam. Got all that sorted last night. Tell you what, they'll be a technique to get the crotch strap done up while getting kitted up. Got a mate coming around this morning to help me trim the sides to fit....

This bunch of white plastic is starting to resemble some armor. First major test fit with the snaps and elastic holding everything together. Tape on the sides there to confirm where I cut the sides were good.

P1020118_zpsf3b81fdb.jpg

P1020115_zps2124da51.jpg

P1020117_zps9ba9a2ee.jpg

Butts hanging down a bit. Just not snapped to the cod at the moment.

P1020116_zpsa281109b.jpg

And drilled my rivet holes on the side - 10mm from the edge, evenly spaced :)

P1020120_zps98b7dd7f.jpg

Edited by Sith Lord