What do I need to trim armor?

So im thinking about ordering my armor from AP. Question is, Trimmed or untrimmed.

So im wondering, if i order untrimmed *which is $200 cheaper* what tools will I need to trim it? and is there a souce of instructions that I can follow step by step so that way I don't mess anything up and have to order another kit ^_^

Thanks!

Thanks for the Redirection! Still not completly used to the forums :laugh1: My appoligizes if I posted this in the wrong spot

I have seen others do much worse. ;)

I know it's a big forum, just stay calm and keep looking. Eventually you will find just the right thread or section. :)

To answer your question, a good sharp utility knife, Lexan scissors , or tin snips will do the trick. Sand paper and a dremel tool come in super handy. Do as Mathias suggests and check the forums for teqniques and other specifics, but mainly , you don't need a lot of expensive tools, go for the un trimmed ...

go for the un trimmed ...

Cause then you can trim it to YOUR size, not just about right that might need more trimming anyway.

There's some good youtube videos on Trooberbay.com as well. Not perfect but will give you agood idea of what's involved.

Hi Bryan, maybe I can help.  If you're comfortable purchasing the best tools (from Home Depot or Lowes), here are the first tools to get:

Quality utility knife, I'm using a Irwin utility knife (get a pack of blades)

IMG_8815.JPG

Edited by Haribon72

Cutters.  I use the Wiss M3

IMG_8606.JPG

Get plumbers sand paper tape to sand down your parts.  Its the best

IMG_8924.JPG

I use other tools and materials for my build.  Here's my photo gallery (i'm not done with my build yet).   Yes, I like pictures because it shares the journey of the build.  I hope this helps.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107611232966841542690/albums/5963076615745366737

I use a dremel, or should I say a cheaper branded one, makes sanding down edges and corners a breeze :D

sorry I was late to the party.... I would order the trimmed.. this way all you need to to is trim the legs and arms

the helmet bolts together with no work... and it saves you ton's of time..

let AP trim it for you and you save time and headaches.

I know.. I work with AP

none of the other people who have answered this thread know anything about how AP does his work

but me.

it's worth the extra money... and I know because I work with AP everyday.

PM me and I'll help you assemble it..

in fact if you order it trimmed and assembled I do the assembly.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I have seen others do much worse. ;)

I know it's a big forum, just stay calm and keep looking. Eventually you will find just the right thread or section. :)

FOR SALE.

ONE SET OF POP TARTS

oh dang...wrong spot

.ok...if its your first set..do it your self....the right of passages type thing!...or have vern build it for ya.....but still....that is a nice set of armor

Sorry Locitus...i had to:-)

FOR SALE.

ONE SET OF POP TARTS

oh dang...wrong spot

.ok...if its your first set..do it your self....the right of passages type thing!...or have vern build it for ya.....but still....that is a nice set of armor

Sorry Locitus...i had to:-)

:56pullhair: